Sign in to follow this  

You update your server mission and no one can join

My mission is in constant development, so its connom to make updates each server restart.

The problem is that when i update the mission in a restart, all the players keep trying to reconnect to the server and they just can't.

The only solution is the players close the game, open it again and rejoin the server.

I believe 100% of the players don't expect this behaviour, this is why many of then just give up because they think something is wrong with the server.

There is any solution for this problem?

Thankyou!

You need to tell them taht they must restart Arma to rejoin.  There is a problem with memory issues from previous mission version that need to be flushed before they can rejoin.

Just put something in Message of the Day, or inform them via Global chat that they must completely restart Arma3.

directly updating a mission on a production server is bad practice.

You should develop it seperately and once your happy the changes are stable, then replace the production server mission with the latest version. or better still add a new version with a slightly different file name version, example

co 24 mymission v001.altis.pbo

co 24 mymission v002.altis.pbo

co 24 mymission v003.altis.pbo

This way you can select the older version if you screwed up on the testing of the newer version

Also do this less often, twice a week would be ample