hitman1987

Creating a sprite with O2light

Can anyone explain how to create .p3d model of polygon, which always will be faced to a player? It must looks like a drop, or enemies in "Doom" or "Duke Nukem". I'm sure it's a face/poin properties...

How can i create a model with a part which is allways horizontally? It must stay horizontally on the hills, etc. It will be a static grenade launcher on a tripod mount and "legs" will touch ground anyway. Maybe i should remain only ine contact point in "land contact" LOD??? 

Sprites like that can only be created using billboard-type drop as far as I know - you can create custom ones by making a simple square p3d with the respective texture you want.

Tank-based vehicles like M2 machine guns and so on always adjust their positioning to the ground, only building objects remain horizontal. You could probably use a building object with a fake tripod (if you press shift+E in O2 on the lower parts of the tripod you can set it to On Surface or Keep Height so it will touch ground on hills) and some roadway on the position where you'd have the gun which you can place the static launcher on.

That may be a key: an invisible smokeshell cast one big weird particle in a obvious way. 

Looped drop or a several ones. Animated campfire, 3D clouds in the sky, but there may be an issues with custom particle's alpha. Who is skilled enough to test it?