Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Radiated people

Hello all,

I am making a mission that takes place after a nuclear blast and i wanted to have people wandering around after that are radiated. What i need to know is how can a make a trigger around these people so if they get close to you (about 2 meters is good) you will die? wow.gif

Thanks smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

TRIGGER CONDITION (REPEATEDLY):

ThePlayer distance civilian1 < 1 (1 meter that is)

ON ACTIVATION:

ThePlayer setdammage 0 (to kill them '.5' to hurt them bad, etc)

<span id='postcolor'>

Hope that is helpful wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bart.Jan @ Nov. 12 2002,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Try this way.<span id='postcolor'>

That way would allow ALL of the civilians in the general area cause the damage. A MUCH better way to do it than what I posted wow.gif

Thanks i will test it out, this is being used for a mission thats going to be a cross between Resident Evil & Escape from New York.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BaronVonRed @ Nov. 12 2002,16:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bart.Jan @ Nov. 12 2002,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Try this way.<span id='postcolor'>

That way would allow ALL of the civilians in the general area cause the damage. A MUCH better way to do it than what I posted wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Your way is not much effective when you want to use large amout of radiated people (or previously unknown amount), but for it works properly for several people. Better way is to use example from another topic (with some changes) or to make simple script with array of radiated people where you can add newly radiated persons and remove dead or cleaned one.

Will this work for all Players in Multiplayer mode as well?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BaronVonRed @ Nov. 12 2002,16:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bart.Jan @ Nov. 12 2002,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Try this way.<span id='postcolor'>

That way would allow ALL of the civilians in the general area cause the damage. A MUCH better way to do it than what I posted wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

it didnt work sad.gif

i press preview and the game crashes to my desktop with no message given. mad.gif

Well, thx guys for that positive feedback on my suggestion

smile.gif

@ Winters

If you want to use that method in multiplayer, then you

should do it a little bit different way.

one trigger :

Size: as big as it covers all the area, where your civie's are

name: triggerA

Activation: civilian/present/once

condition: this

Then give each playable soldier a name (e.g: sw1,w2,etc.)

Now you need to setup 1 trigger for each unit

size: 0/0

activation: none / repeatedly (if you're using respawn aswell)

condition: "w1 distance _x < 2" count (list triggerA) > 0

OnActivation: w1 setdammage (getdammage player) + 0.5

:note - make a trigger for each playable unit

hope this helps

~S~ CD

Thanks Cris,

This one works fine. now if i can only get a reply to my typewriter question i can wrap this puppy up.