Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

Transportvehiclescount ?!?

When looking for a way to remove the waves at the stern and bow, I stumbled across the config below. A carrier in OFP? TransportVehiclesCount ?!?! COOL!

And while at it, could anyone give me a hint on how to create a boat that makes no waves, or a car that cannot move on land?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

/* class CarrierW: BigShip

{

scope=public;

crew = SoldierWB;

side=TWest;

displayName=$STR_DN_LST;

model=newport;

picture=im113;

accuracy=0.50;

maxSpeed=50;

transportSoldier = 50;

class TransportMagazines {};

transportAmmo = 10000000;

transportVehiclesCount = 15;

//cost=200000000;

cost=0;

armor=10000;

weapons[]={};

magazines[]={};

};

*/

<span id='postcolor'>

class = newport ! sounds interesting.

What does the transportVehiclesCount = 15 mean? anyone know? possible to transport vehicles in a vehicle (have I ben sleeping to long)`?

Thats the LST class, and as far as I know transportVehiclesCount doesnt do anything.

I rember a long time ago seing a picture of the LST with the front hatch (the big door) down. I searched around and found that picture, I believe it was still in early development but the LST is clearly open. I think that the LST was able to transport vehicles but that feature was excluded but the code:

transportVehiclesCount = 15;

was forgotten.

w-640h--99349_beach.gif

We considered to have LST transporting vehicles in our initial design , but we dropped the idea. The config entry transportVehiclesCount does nothing. The config part you are talking about is commented out (as seen even in your quote) and is not present in config.bin, only in commented config source available on Breathe.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Nov. 14 2002,18:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We considered to have LST transporting vehicles in our initial design , but we dropped the idea. The config entry transportVehiclesCount  does nothing. The config part you are talking about is commented out (as seen even in your quote) and is not present in config.bin, only in commented config source available on Breathe.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I noticed the remark signs, and figured it must be something "old" in left in the OFP config. I just thought it was cool to see this old scrapped idea in the OFP config.

Anyway, when are you guys going to make an "IsDeck" property for model groups, so that you can move around in vehicles?

tounge.gif

No, just kidding. Just keep on working on some great magnificent improvements to the O2 engine, and PLEASE don't keep it exclusive for these yank marines....

wink.gif

do not despair though, as the new command "setvelocity" will allow you to have vehicles on a carrier that has a roadway LOD. SO long as you have a script that constantly adjusts the vehicle's velocity to equal that of the carrier, they will stay on without much trouble. You may need to re-teleport them from time to time to adjust for slight deviations due to the time between update loops.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tanelorn @ Nov. 23 2002,21:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">do not despair though, as the new command "setvelocity" will allow you to have vehicles on a carrier that has a roadway LOD. SO long as you have a script that constantly adjusts the vehicle's velocity to equal that of the carrier, they will stay on without much trouble. You may need to re-teleport them from time to time to adjust for slight deviations due to the time between update loops.<span id='postcolor'>

This is VERY interesting. Ive heard that this script can be used to finally let us transport vehiclesin other vehicles (ofps MAJOR restriction. BIS, dont even THINK about releasing OFP2 without this feature tounge.gif ).

But I have not seen a script like that yet. Havent anyone had it a go? Maybe you can do a script like this (I suck at scripting) so that the helis on deck and vehicles inside the great LSD ship and other addons finally can safely be moved with the ship without falling off.

brsseb

Guest BratZ

From the cpu load OFP gives in a mp game.No tracking script will work well.Just like the trailer I made.Useless in MP.

Hi, just wanted to give you a shot of my test model that me and my friend is experimenting on. We were successful in transporting a bus on our test ferry-model. As long as we kept the speed below 30 and did not make too hard turns, the bus would stay on and would not be destroyed. We are going to expand the script further:

carferry3bus.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/brsseb/stuff/carferry3bus.jpg

brsseb