Sign in to follow this  
Milkman

"invalid line parameter"?cant install v1.85patch!

When I download the Ofp:resistence patch and click on it i get a window that says "Invalid Command Line." Now i cant install it so im stuck at v1.75 can someone help me out??? sad.gif

I would do a virus scan ASAP -- there are a number of viruses that hook the Windows Explorer shell and ask that they be associated with executable files, which causes them to be run whenever a program is launched.

Occasionally, there will be a problem due to bugs in the virus' infection process, and that can cause this message.

well i downloaded it from Codemasters.com and I believe it is not a virus. See when i origially downloaded it, i didnt have WINZIP and when it asked me what program to open it with, I acedently chose one which gave it an globe for an icon, i dunno what program it was. When I did dowload WINZIP it gave me a setup and i beleive i got the program to be reconized as a WINZIP file. So i ran the unzip file to the correct folder but afterwards a window that popped up said "Could Not Run setup.exe" When i ran OpF, it was still at version 1.75.

Umm I'm kinda finding it hard to follow what point you're at and what bit isn't working, you now have winzip installed and were able to unzip the new patch giving you the file called OFPResPatch_1_85.exe yes? So you double click the exe file and the patch doesn't install? There is no Opf file called setup.exe so that's throwing me a smidge smile.gif

okay i think i got this down, all i need to know now is what folder to unzip to, can anyone tell me which file i have to zip to. do i send it to C:\ProgramFiles\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint???

well its actually called ofp_res_1.85.zip but i dont think there is a difference, all the websites give it the same name.

Alright! I got everything unzipped correctly, too bad my Ofp:resistance is so damaged that the patch told me to reinstall the whole FREAKING PROGRAM!!!! I am a very sad man now but i guess ill save my campaign files and reinstall everything now. sad.gif

Hay there, unzip updates to the OFP folder as you have indicated (c:\program files\codemasters\operation flashpoint).  Run the update from that folder with your RES CD in install drive.  If you receive any update errors (e.g., corrupted data.pbo files), then looks like you'll have to reinstall.  If you receive a CRC error upon reinstall, copy CD contents to a temp HDD folder and install from there (you'll need to rename setup.crc to setup.bak.  Finally, though this doesn't look like it applies to you, if you install OFP or RES (afterwards), and an update again doesn't take & reports errors, I suggest using PC diagnostic software to test for defective RAM chips.