Sign in to follow this  
spencer

British units?.....

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me, I wanna get as many British units and things as possible, I had found an old SA80, but it was to be fair, bad. I then downloaded the Bib British soldiers I really like them but they all have a medic patch (?) and the SA80 has the muzzle flash bug... Any ideas? I'd prefer them to be Resistance ready so I can use pistols also any British vehicles? any help would be very apriciated, thanks biggrin.gif

If you download bunkerpack 4 by GFX707, you will find a copy of the best SA80 produced to date, ready to go for Resistance. There are other British troops available besides those by BIBMI, but BIBMI's do appear to be the best. Bloody shame about the red crosses though.

I just wanted to mention that GFX-707's SA80 also is flawed because the AI fire it on full-auto at all ranges and thus miss everything at medium to long range and get slaughtered by the Russians. sad.gif That SAS addon that came out recently is an example of this. They used GFX's SA80 but they didn't fix it either.

Hopefully Bibmi's new British forces will have a fixed SA80.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

As i understand it the plan is to have a brand new shiny SA-80. But if that doesn't come off we do have a "fixed" version of GFX's SA80

Correction then. VISUALLY, the best model.

I suppose I'd better be consistent in criticising addons. The visuals for the SUSAT are wrong, too. A simple red dot was used for the addon.

I belive I saw another kicking around, but never payed it much attention.

Yeah, the fixed version of the SA80 uses Maddogs SUSAT sight, which is pretty good although it doesn't have the glowing tip like the real thing. and i have no clue how to modify sight views.

SUSAT.jpg

susat_2.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ Nov. 10 2002,17:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, the fixed version of the SA80 uses Maddogs SUSAT sight, which is pretty good although it doesn't have the glowing tip like the real thing. and i have no clue how to modify sight views.

SUSAT.jpg

susat_2.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Nice. Is it available yet?

No, the SA-80 itself is done but the model for the LSW (you can just about see it on the right of both pictures) isn't finished yet. this is not helped by my total inability to work oxygen wink.gif

quakergamers sa80 ans sas troops are cool u get them with operation gulf war crises betta

Yeah, but I'm not downloading it, that's a HUGE dl for just a few items, especialy for my 56Gay

As te NAM Pack 2.0 is pretty much finished ( a testenig and bug fixes phase), i guess bimbi shall find more time for modern projects such as UK Troops. His pics are very promising.

As far as weapons are concern, i'd love to see this set of them:

L85A2

L85A2 with AG36 GL

SA80 LSW

Minimi Para

Brownig HP.

Unfortunately, IMHO only OTW Minimi Para looks good enough.

GFX's SA80 despite being the-best-one-at-the-moment is way too big and has the faults mentioned above.

Maddog's LSW is a pre-o2-addon, and i've never heard of someone making a good ol' Browning HP pistol.

Bibmi hasnt been working on the nam pack 2.0, he did do some early work on some american soldiers but that was a while ago

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ Nov. 11 2002,10:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't panic. new ones are on the way.

rm_2.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

they royal marines?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think they are meant to be royal marine commando's, like the guys in afghanistan<span id='postcolor'>

Indeed. i belive that they are supposed to represent the Marines of 45 Commando who were the unit deployed in Afghanistan

As understand it the plan is to release some "generic" British Regular infantry, with the possibility of including a few regimental (patches and cap badges) variations later on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">who made those marines?<span id='postcolor'>

Bibmi.

I have not read the posts on this thread yet. Will do so now.

I am using a British unit addon. It's the unit where the officer has a red hat on his head. I have noticed that these units look like they are in snow uniforms at a distance. They look like white dots running across the screen. Up close they look fine in their camp outfits. All other unis addons look fine.