ALPHIVE

How to make simple restart message ?

Hi scripters ;)

I know the questions should be asked and i searched about it but, i didnt found that i wanted ... :(

I explain you the situation : i have a server and i want to show restart message announce, a message that pop

The server restart every 3 hours (10800 seconds) and i will not change the schedule

Actually i want make message pop 5 minutes before restart (10500 seconds from the start)

Does exists a simply script that say : in 10500 seconds, all of the player will see a message "RESTART IN 5 MINUTES" ?

Thank you guys for your help ;)

waitUntil{time > 10500};
"Server will restart in 5 minutes" remoteExec["systemChat"];

Keep in mind that waitUntil will suspend any execution of scripts set in say something like the initServer.sqf,

so the order in which they are executed in is important. This is probably a lame example and  someone can give you something better but it's something for you to start with. 

you mean that i must place waitUntil after all scripts in the unitServer ? ^^

If not, can you me exemple maybe i didnt understand well :)

2 minutes ago, ALPHIVE said:

you mean that i must place waitUntil after all scripts in the unitServer ? ^^

If not, can you me exemple maybe i didnt understand well :)

Yep that's exactly what I mean. It needs to be executed last,  because waitUntil suspends sqf execution until the condition is true. 

Ex in the initServer.sqf:

call compile "MyCoolScript.sqf";
call compile "ACoolerScript.sqf";
call compile "MyRestartTimer.sqf"; //this needs to be last.

Ok get it bro i will try it ;) thank for help ;)

If you where to add multiple "waitUntil{time > Sec};" in the script... Say I want 3 messages at 30 min, 20 min, and 10min.

would this work for what i need or would it be better to just make a sleep function until the next message?

waitUntil{time > Sec}  will check the condition on each frame. Use sleep instead, or something like waitUntil {sleep 1; serverTime > x}; on server.