Sign in to follow this  
brsseb

Problem with my chopper cannon turret

Hi

Im making an Comanche chopper and I have a problem with the gun turret; the Muzzle flash wont workproperly (yes, I know its a bit of a shame to have muzzleflash problems in with version 1.85. But now I cant blame T&L so its all my fault, I know smile.gif ).

Basically, it always shows. The turret works otherwise fine, rotation whitin its limitations, firing strait etc. Here is the selections Ive used on the turret and what they cover:

Model LOD

-------------------------------------

"OtocHlaven" - Muzzleflash and gun barrel

"OtocVez" - Muzzleflash, gun barrel and turret

"zasleh"            - Just muzzleflash

Memory LOD

--------------------------------------

"konec hlavne" and "usti hlavne"

"nabojniceend" and "nabojnicestart"

"osaHlavne" as elevator axis for gun barrel

"osaVeze" as azimuth axis for turret

"OtocHlaven" - 4 vertices, covering konec/usti hlavne and nabojnicestart/end

"OtocVez" - 6 vertices, covering konec/usti hlavne, nabojnicestart/end and "osa hlavne"

Still, the muzzlflash shows up and stays there nomatterwhat. The setup above I got from the demo

UH60mg and other addons and should be right. So is it in the configfile then? Is there an attribute

that have to do with the presens of a muzzleflash or are the above selections wrong?

Here is my settings for the turret, anyway. Just standard values except for the movement range in x

and y directions:

class TurretBase {};

class Turret: TurretBase

{

// Movement

minElev=-60; maxElev=+10; // Y axis: +10 to -60 degrees in elevation

minTurn=-120; maxTurn=+120; // X axis: +/- 120 degrees in azimuth

// Standard stuff

gunAxis="OsaHlavne";

turretAxis="OsaVeze";

gunBeg="usti hlavne";

gunEnd="konec hlavne";

soundServo[]={};

body="OtocVez";

gun="OtocHlaven";

};

brsseb

so the flash shows up not all the time?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Nov. 09 2002,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so the flash shows up not all the time?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, thats the thing. Tried turning T&L off just for testing, but that wasnt it (had to be sure). Anyone?

brsseb

i also have this problem on the AH1W, i dunno how to fix it is it also the same on the BIS ah1?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Nov. 09 2002,19:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i also have this problem on the AH1W, i dunno how to fix it is it also the same on the BIS ah1?<span id='postcolor'>

It must be a configfile fault. Because the current setup above is EXACTLY like the UH60mg setup. Dont understand anythink....

Have you tried cfgmodels in your cpp. Regardless of the version of OFP (1.75 and above) I think you need to include the cfgmodels section.

i added that to the AH1W and it still does not show up every time i shoot

Hi

cant be configfile error, Im affraid. Gotta be something with the selections in the lods. Have cfgModels and that dont do a difference, even when I tried to but both heliclass AND gunclass prototypes in it.

Then, I tried to use a configfile from another addon Ive got that I know works perfectly with muzzleflash. Used that one exactly (just removed sound, some icons/pictures and changed the "model"-attribute). Same problem. The flash is always on as usual.

So the p3d file is to blame, then? ARRGGH. More testing to do.....so frustrating.

PS: In model lod, I have two selections named "zasleh" (muzzleflash) and one named "zbran" (gun), just like in weapon addons. But it makes no difference whatsoever, it seems.

Ok, had a different name for the class in my configfile than for my p3d file. I changed it all to the same name; so that both my p3d file, folder, class name are the same. So NOW the flash works properly:)

BUT..and there is a BIG BUT, now all my rotors are not visible ingame! They are gone! Aka all structures named "velka vrtule...." and "mala vrtule ..." etc are not visible ingame.

Except for that all is well. But please help me. If someone cares ot read it, I can post the entire configfile.

(ARGHH. Solving bugs in ofp feels more like moving the problem around abit, not really solving anything.. smile.gif )

you need to add the lines:

rotorbig="velka virtule statica"

rotorbigblur="velka virtule"

rotor small="masa virtule statica"

rotor small blur="masa virtule"

(lines to those effects - replace the velka balh balh with the names of your rotor selections...)

I will post the correct code when i get home (in about 6 hours...)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ Nov. 13 2002,11:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you need to add the lines:

rotorbig="velka virtule statica"

rotorbigblur="velka virtule"

rotor small="masa virtule statica"

rotor small blur="masa virtule"

(lines to those effects - replace the velka balh balh with the names of your rotor selections...)

I will post the correct code when i get home (in about 6 hours...)<span id='postcolor'>

ehh, you mean: "velka vRtule staticKa", "velka vRtule", "maLa vRtule staticKa" and "maLa vRtule" I hope..or else my Czech skills are abit bad.....

I did say that i will post the CORRECT code when i got home, now i'm home here it is...

this needs to go in the config models section:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

class CfgModels

{

class Default

{

sections[] = {};

sectionsInherit="";

};

class Air: default {};

class Helicopter: Air

{

sectionsInherit="Vehicle";

sections[]=

{

"sklo predni p",

"sklo predni l",

"velka vrtule staticka",

"velka vrtule blur",

"mala vrtule staticka",

"mala vrtule blur"

};

};

class the_name_of_your_P3D: Helicopter {};

<span id='postcolor'>

and this needs to go in the main helo's config

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

rotorBig="vrtule_uh_v";

rotorBigBlend="vrtule_uh_v_bl";

rotorSmall="vrtule_uh_m";

rotorSmallBlend="vrtule_uh_m_bl";

<span id='postcolor'>

there you go biggrin.gif