Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Steyr variants (m203 and lsw)

Does anybody know of the following Steyr variants either being made or already out?

Steyr with M203

AUG203.gif

Steyr LSW (HBAR)

AUGhbar.gif

a AUG with sniper and grenade launcher? cool... but a bit unfair in mp...

dont know of anyones already finished or being made..

well, the steyr aug from bis is uneditable atm, so someone would have to make the base gun from scratch, unless ofpinternals gets moving smile.gif

Yes, these would be perfect weapons for an Australian Army mod...I know some people have made Aussie troops.

Maybe if IL ever comes out we might see some BIS made versions... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Nov. 07 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a AUG with sniper and grenade launcher? cool... but a bit unfair in mp...

dont know of anyones already finished or being made..<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, I believe the HBAR version is for use as a light support weapon or SAW (Squad Automatic) rather than a sniper system.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 08 2002,00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Nov. 07 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a AUG with sniper and grenade launcher? cool... but a bit unfair in mp...

Actually, I believe the HBAR version is for use as a light support weapon or SAW (Squad Automatic) rather than a sniper system.<span id='postcolor'>

Yup, and the 'default' scope on the AUG is 'only' 1.5x zoom

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 08 2002,00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Nov. 07 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a AUG with sniper and grenade launcher? cool... but a bit unfair in mp...

Actually, I believe the HBAR version is for use as a light support weapon or SAW (Squad Automatic) rather than a sniper system.<span id='postcolor'>

I think he meant an AUG with scope + M203 was unfair, not the LSW version

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ Nov. 10 2002,14:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 08 2002,00wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Nov. 07 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a AUG with sniper and grenade launcher? cool... but a bit unfair in mp...

I think he meant an AUG with scope + M203 was unfair, not the LSW version<span id='postcolor'>

How can it be unfair really? Its just the default BIS AUG with M203 on...

And, addons are mainly for SP, Its kinda rare someone uses addons MP (That was I experienced)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Nov. 08 2002,17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 08 2002,00wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Nov. 07 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a AUG with sniper and grenade launcher? cool... but a bit unfair in mp...

Yup, and the 'default' scope on the AUG is 'only' 1.5x zoom<span id='postcolor'>

Well the Australian Army has got the F88 S which is fitted with a picaty rail and we use either an Elcan 3.4 power or 4 power gen 3+ ninnox night sight as pretty much standard for normal work within the section of 9 guys, at the current issue of 2 Steyr S per section, 2 F89s have the same sight rail so have the same enhanced capcity, the other 5 guys carried the normal F 88 with the 1.5, one of these being fiitted with a GLA M203, although I,ve also seen these on a Steyr S as well. Thats just for plain old fashioned infantry. God knows what the other guys have done to them.

All in all a Steyr with a 3.4 sight and an M203 has ben in sevice for a while at least in this part of the world

Hi all, i just now, had a go of the steyr in op flappo' (me being aussie and all) , does the steyr have a higher rate of fire than the default m16 in opflappo or what? after using it, i think i would rather use the steyr thena the default m16 in opfalppo, it has a scope!! thats got to be good :-) i dont know much about either weapon, but whats the steyr like in real life? any aussie army dudes here that can answer?

ive been thinking about making one for a while for a new zealand army mod. but my 3dsm skill have to get better first + i have to learn o2 lol sad.gif