Sign in to follow this  
vosku

Mlod 2 odol

Sometime ago I read about a converter which converts mlod format models to odol format and Suma said it will be released. But when?

Well Fliper is making it as we speak... We in theory he is but he is probably doing something else. Dont forget that it is hard work to do these things!!! He should release it in time mate, we just got to be patient sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vosku @ Sep. 12 2002,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sometime ago I read about a converter which converts mlod format models to odol format and Suma said it will be released. But when?<span id='postcolor'>

BIS have a binarizing tool, but i do not think they will release it. FlipeR is working very hard with OFP Internals on P3D Edit, and its going very well...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Sep. 12 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vosku @ Sep. 12 2002,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sometime ago I read about a converter which converts mlod format models to odol format and Suma said it will be released. But when?<span id='postcolor'>

BIS have a binarizing tool, but i do not think they will release it. FlipeR is working very hard with OFP Internals on P3D Edit, and its going very well...<span id='postcolor'>

And FlipeR's tool works ODOL to MLOD, not MLOD to ODOL.

Great I agree, there shouldn't be a ODOL 2 MLOD, but only a MLOD 2 ODOL smile.giflogo2.jpg

DKM-CoPilot

er scorpio i think they will release it, check the other forums and your agreement smile.gif

and i dont think flipers tool will just convert a p3d to mlod, but more likely it will split it into another format like a .3ds for every lod

Converting MLOD to ODOL will be a great help for all of us. ODOL models are much smaller than MLODs, and I think that's because they don't have alot of the information that O2 needs but the game doesn't.

Also, WRPEdit only wants to use ODOL models. I've tried and tried to use addons with WRP edit that were created in O2 and it always fails.

I don't see any reason why BIS wouldn't want to release an MLOD -> ODOL program, as it really wouldn't let us do anything that could harm them (unlike an ODOL -> MLOD tool).

You are all wrong. FlipeR is NOT making any tool. He is in fact testing a tool called p3dEdit made of cource by OFPInternals.

The format conversion is  A PART OF THAT TOOL!!! it is not a stand alone tool.

er, no. FlipeR has said himself that he did not use P3DEdit for the work from which this discussion originated.

@FlipeR

Please do not take any offence

@everyone including KTottE

All the code for conversions is written by OFPInternals and is inbuilt into p3dedit there is no other code.

If your saying that FlipeR is just making it (takin code from p3dedit) into a stand alone tool (basically just making an interface) then i wouldnt even begin to think that HE IS ACTUALLY MAKING IT. I know that FlipeR is testing p3dedit and tryin to help mak it even better.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ Sep. 19 2002,19:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@FlipeR

Please do not take any offence

@everyone including KTottE

All the code for conversions is written by OFPInternals and is inbuilt into p3dedit there is no other code.

If your saying that FlipeR is just making it (takin code from p3dedit) into a stand alone tool (basically just making an interface) then i wouldnt even begin to think that HE IS ACTUALLY MAKING IT. I know that FlipeR is testing p3dedit and tryin to help mak it even better.<span id='postcolor'>

he is testing P3D Edit, and he is also making his OWN program. End of story.

Yes, if you want Soul, I can dig up the actual posts where he clearly states that he has no working relationship with OFP Internals. Meaning that he is not using P3D Edit for this (the models where this all started).

He is making his own tool

It has nothing to do with OFP Internals

I see this is going nowhere!

You all have partialy right and in the same time you're are partialy wrong!

It doesnt matter who is doing what with which program! Is that a crucial thing for you? I think the fact that something is going on is more important...

@Scorpio: WHERE THE HACK I stated that I'm writing/using a program written by me?!? Tell me... Or you still think I'm using something similar to my OBJ2P3D tool?! You're right about my cooperation (Soul!!! ) with OFPInternals though!

@KTottE: I wonder where I stated that it has nothing to do with OFPInt. and in the same sentence didn't immediately denied my claim! Its was all ment to confuse you!

I mean... Guys, do you always have to know all about everything or what? Go watch Oprah and Jerry Springer if thats what you want...

@Soul_Assassin: I'm not offended since is clear that you dont realise what are you talking about and you just claim what you've heard on the "street"! Only OFPInt. and me knows how (un/)important my role is in all this... Keep wondering! And you can take your "BETA testing" and stick it...where I know....

Thats all from me....

Roma?

FlipeR