HeroesandvillainsOS

Resources for free royalty-free music?

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone has any sites they can recommend for music that can be used in published missions. I'm not making anything elaborate, I'm just thinking of using a simple 30 second music intro, but then I realized there may be problems when it comes to legalities.

I hear a lot of people in the community use YouTube and cut the sounds through Audacity but I don't know if we're supposed to follow any rules? Or maybe since I'm not charging for my missions and the sounds are free to listen to on YouTube I can use a small sample of someone's else's music without worrying about licensing? 

Where do you mission makers get your music sources from?

From experience, I personally use 4Tune - No Copyright Music since there are never any copyright issues with the music because all music on there is licensed under creative commons. Plus it's great because it's a very diverse library in terms of music genres and composers. 

4Tune - No Copyright Music: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC44hbeRoCZVVMVg5z0FfIww/videos

Give it a look. See if you find something you're looking for. Good luck :)

Edited by Mark89
  • Like 1

On 2.2.2017 at 11:47 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone has any sites they can recommend for music that can be used in published missions. I'm not making anything elaborate, I'm just thinking of using a simple 30 second music intro, but then I realized there may be problems when it comes to legalities.

I hear a lot of people in the community use YouTube and cut the sounds through Audacity but I don't know if we're supposed to follow any rules? Or maybe since I'm not charging for my missions and the sounds are free to listen to on YouTube I can use a small sample of someone's else's music without worrying about licensing? 

Where do you mission makers get your music sources from?

If you know who made the music that you want to use, why not go and ask them?

Most folks will probably grant you permission as long as the song's not in full length and it's used without monetization in mind.

Cheers

• Like 1