Redphoenix

RV4-Calibration - Preset for Quixel Suite 2

logo.png

Requires Adobe Photoshop © and Quixel Suite ©.

RV4-Calibration is a 'Calibration Profile' for Quixel Suite. It was developed using Quixel Suite 2.0 but should be backwards compatible with all previous major releases.

This Profile Is Intended For Use In A Specular / Glossiness Workflow. It May NOT Work With Metalness.

The Calibration Profile can be utilized at two stages of the texturing process: 

• During project setup and creation within DDO2 selecting 'Real Virtuality 4' will generate the correct texture types required for conversion to Real Virtuality 4 Supershader.
  • During the export of textures selecting the 'Real Virtuality 4' preset will process the output textures to ones compatible with Real Virtuality 4.

At the moment Metalness Workflow is not supported, you should work in Spec/Gloss where possible for the best results. The texture types output at the moment are 'Diffuse (co)', 'Normal (nohq)', Specular(smdi)' and 'Occlusion(as)', more may be included in the future as needs arise. If not using the calibration profile to setup the project initially, you should ensure that the project includes Albedo, Gloss, Specular, Normal and AmbientOcclusion as a minimuim, any extra maps will not be exported using this calibration profile.

Credits:

This preset was developed primarily by @p1nga. As I am a heavy Quixel user myself, I forked his repository and will try to keep this working in future and update it with more functionality, if need is there.

Guides & how-tos

--Coming Soon--

Bugs:

- no known bugs as of today 

Contributing

You can help out with the ongoing development, To contribute simply fork this repository and submit your pull requests for review.

Here is the github repository: https://github.com/ssnd292/RV4-Calibration

Installing & Download

You can download the latest version here:

https://github.com/ssnd292/RV4-Calibration/archive/1.1.2.zip

The two files Real Virtuality 4.jsx and Real Virtuality 4.xml should be placed in: 
<< Program Files >>\Quixel SUITE 2.0\script\presets\Workflow\Games

License

https://github.com/p1nga/RV4-Calibration/blob/master/LICENSE

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I felt the need to open a topic here in order to keep the people who use Quixel Suite 2 up-to-date with latest development of this preset. If you have questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks again p1nga for making this in the very first place. It was a real time saver!

Regards

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great, I was just looking for this since I had to re-install Quixel Suite... Thanks a lot for keeping this up-to-date :)

• Like 1

I just pushed an update.

-AO is now multiplied with 50% Opacity on top of Albedo to create diffuse map
-The normal map is overlayed with itself and 50% opacity
-Removed the function to create AmbientShadow map - It uses the same function as the SMDI to fill the red and blue channel white
-Added layerAdjustments for Levels to bring exported maps in RVEngine closer to 3DO
-Added if-query so that the adjustments can be turned off

https://github.com/ssnd292/RV4-Calibration/releases/tag/1.2.0

If you dont want the level correction, go into 
<< Program Files >>\Quixel SUITE 2.0\script\presets\Workflow\Games\Real Virtuality 4.jsx
and change the line 58

if(true)

to a

if(false)

This turns off the correction and exports pure Quixel files

• Like 5

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to trying this out.

In general, would the metalness workflow not fit better for Arma ? AFAIK it stores the metal color in the diffuse map instead of the specular map, 

Not really, cause you would be missing the specular levels completely.

While roughness is inversed equal to gloss, the specular levels would be missing completely. Hence you have to change the metal color in the diffuse map and keep the specular map as grayscale only.

On 3/5/2017 at 10:40 AM, Redphoenix said:

While roughness is inversed equal to gloss, the specular levels would be missing completely. Hence you have to change the metal color in the diffuse map and keep the specular map as grayscale only.

Geez, yeah you're right. 

Many thanks this is so useful.

• Like 1