Sign in to follow this  
colonel_klink

Undercarriage woes

Hi Guys

Just a small problem with the harrier's undercarriage. I'm wanting to know if the undercarriage animation is multi-directional. At the moment the undercarriage is folding towards the nose, where it should be folding towards the tail: see piccy below

harrierwheels.jpg.

It affects the wing wheel struts mainly as they have to retract towards the trailing edge of the wing.

If the direction can be set.. how is it achieved?

Thanks

Klink

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm wanting to know if the undercarriage animation is multi-directional<span id='postcolor'>

No, it is not multi-directional. The only direction cyrrently supported is the one used for A10.

Is the undercarriage in a different layer (or whatever oxygen uses in the same vein)? If so, you might be able to rotate it 180 degrees & have the gear fold backwards.

I tried rotating the points but the animation I think is designed to only work one direction. Looks likie the wingtip undercarriage on the harrier will have to fold foward.

Cheers 8)