Sign in to follow this  
Tigran

Just got o2. help!@#!

Man, I have been working with CAD/CAm proggies for about 5 years now and this thing is nuts! Like nothing else that I have used and not having any type of a manual is painfull. I downloaded all 3 of the tutorials but have had little luck. Got through the first one, no problems. Now on the 3rd (make an M16) tutorial and stuck at step 1. The English use in the tutorial is poor and I might be misunderstanding something but it says:

"...place a picture in the background. You can fit it at any modeling window. Just press key "A", left click and drag in one of modeling window, then right click in selection. From menu select "Load Texture" and pick texture m16_FM.gif."

Ok, I got Oxygen light running, press A on the main screen, drag left mouse button to make a box, right click in the box, select the gif file, click OK and NOTHING HAPPENS. I tried it again and again and again. Looking at the upper left hand corner on the example picture it shows "Front Texture: data\

M16_FM.pac" Mine says "Texture: Null"

I cant figure this out!!

Also, I have this feeling that this will not be the first time that this happens. Good techinical writers are hard to find. I am not complaining, this program will allow me to do what I have been wanting to do for so many months, but there has got to be a better tutorial somewhere. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks,

Tyson

Tigran I understand your frustration. I am in the middle of writing a tutorial to build an aircraft. All going well it should be ready on my website sometime next week. I will keep you posted. Cheers

hmm in the agreement was standing not to produce any pics or information about the programm how it works and stuff so putting it on your site will make it public, modmakers with oxygen can read it because they have oxygen so np smile.gif

Well, it's indeed a bit weird. I'll tell you how your folder structure should look like to make it work (it's just an example and does not need to be 100% similar)

Oxygene folder: c:\oxygene

Bulldozer folder c:\bulldozer

Addon name: myaddon

Addon Folder (which contains p3d): c:\bulldozer\myaddon

Texture Folder: c:\bulldozer\myaddon\tex

Texturename prefix (set in Oxy options) \myaddon\tex

If you set up everythink like that it should work. I guess Col. Klink will explain that stuff in more detail.

PSC

in the meantime anyone have any idea as to why the background GIF wont insert for me?

Tyson

What are the dimensions of the gif? It should be a 128x128,256x256,512x512,1024x1024 and so on...

i copyd 2 files from buldozer directory to oxygen folder and runned the exe file now it works fine after restarting your comp

the 2 files are pactopal.exe and dll or something

Vixer

Hi Vixer

I hear what you're saying, mate. posting a link from here to a tutorial or posting it here just for modders might be a better way. But before I do I'll apply to BIS for permission to do it. If they say no then that will be it.