Sign in to follow this  
cunners

Zeus Player UID

So within the Game Master module it says you can use a player UID to define the owner, just looked it up on the wiki and it doesn't seem to give much more information on how to implement it.  I've tried to enter my UID in various ways and it doesn't seem to link it with my character.  Had a quick search on the forum and found a post about how to white list zeus slots with a specific UIDs, but that isn't quite what I'm looking for.

Basically what I'm after is a way of linking zeus to my UID no matter which slot I'm in.  On this mission there is no dedicated zeus slot, only player slots.  So I'd like to be able to play in whatever role I'd like along with my mates without having a slot specially reserved for me, but still have the option of hitting 'Y' and jumping into Zeus.  I was hoping just entering the UID would do it as advertised, but obviously not.  Does anyone have any ideas around this, or doesn't this functionality not exist?

It's your Steam ID, If you click on Steam and view your profile you can see it in the address bar, alternatively you can launch Arma, view your profile and it's listed there as well

Yeah I've got the 17 digit number, but when I put that in the Owner box it doesn't do anything.

Hello I already given an answer to a similar thread in March 2016: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189108-zeus-with-unrestricted-abilities/#entry2997091

If you want to create a multiplayer mission where you are the only one who can call Zeus you have to do following steps:

1. place a unit (F1)
2. place a "Game Master" module (F5 -> Zeus -> Game Master) and write "#adminLogged" (without quotation marks) into the "Name" field
3. press preview and press the Zeus key (Z by default)

If you want a specific unit to be able to call Zeus:

1. place a unit (F1) and write "cunners" (or any other name) into the "Variable Name" field
2. place a "Game Master" module (F5 -> Zeus -> Game Master) and write "cunners" (without quotation marks) into the "Name" field
3. press preview and press the Zeus key (Z by default)

Best regards

Thanks Koala, but I want the ability to choose any slot in the mission and not have a nominated slot just for me.  Therefore I can't put a variable name in to link to Zeus as I don't know which player I will be on the server, also I probably won't be admin so can't use #adminLogged.  Was hoping the UID would work as advertised, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

As far as I know it doesn't matter what kind of slot you are using. That is why you are using usernames in the "Variable Field"

I have tried that procedure with some buddies of mine and it worked. But I haven't tried it recently.

Just give it a try and please write a reply.

Our missions are on a dedi box so when you load the mission screen there will be several different slots for Team Leader, Sniper, Engineer, Medic etc.   If I put a name in a variable field of one of the placed units and put that in the Zeus module, then I am only able to play as what that placed unit is (engineer for example).  Rather than what I would like to happen that is for me to be able to take any slot, but still be Zeus.  Guess the UID thing doesn't work then, oh well...