kupcho

Importing old missions into the Eden Editor

Okay, I just spent the last couple of hours searching this forum (without success) for the answer to my question, so please don't flame me for giving up and asking directly.

In the not so distant past, I produced (I'd say scripted, but I'm NOT a script writer...I just use the tools available in the editor) a few missions for me and some buddies to play.

Then...they released the EDEN EDITOR, and all my work is gone. I've tried to "import" my old stuff but I only get an error screen. I've never been able to open one of my old missions since the new "improved" editor was released.

Am I just missing something basic or are all my missions gone for good?

It's not so much that I lost all my missions, my biggest problem is that I used some scripts that I found in other folks work, that helped me do some things I wanted in my missions, but were things I didn't really understand how to write. And it would help an awful lot if I could get into some of those old missions to see (copy n paste too) how I (or they) did it before.

Remember...I'm NOT a script writing guy. I truly know nothing about the stuff.

And although the EDEN EDITOR does make SOME things easier...it changed enough where a LOT of the tricks I used don't work any more.

THAT sucks.

Hi

Sorry to read about your issue it does suck, but its not a total loss, what we need is what errors you are getting, so heres what you do:

Run Arma3, go to the editor, and try to import whatever mission you were before, take screenshots of every error, and also

post your rpt here after you close your game.

Rpt can be found here:

C:\Users\Gunter Severloh\AppData\Local\Arma 3

your name or whatever name you use would be in replace of mine of course, but the rpt is a text document, it will have all info

on what your running, version, mods if any, and any and all errors ect,. you are getting from your recent game.

Do that and we can go from there.

As for scripts, as far as I understand scripts dont actually initiate until the mission has started, if you were missing a script in your mission

while trying to import it then you may get an error, but my guess is you may be missing some addon, or mod depends, wont know til you post some screenshots and the rpt.

You might need to set one of the playable characters as a player and then try importing, that is what worked for me. If you load up the mission from the launcher it should open in the 2d editor and you can fix it hopefully.

Thanks for the quick reply Gunter.

I did take a snap of the screen (I just couldn't figure out how to add it to the reply), but all the error states is;

Error when loading the scenario!

...then immediately drops me back to the editor welcome screen.

I also tried to find the Rpt file, but it wasn't there.

I'm am using Windows7...would that make a difference?

I can tell you that the scenario I was trying to import did not have any mods attached.

No maps...uniforms...weapons...game modes...etc...

The only thing different than a vanilla ArmA mission, is that it had some BTC scripts I found in someone elses mission.

"Operation Dagger" by Oneshot if you're inclined to check it out.

I was trying to use his "fillhouse.sqf" script to spawn some bad guys using a trigger.

It was the whole reason that I was trying to load the mission into the editor; It's been a while since I used it, and I needed to be sure that I was using the proper syntax.

Pretty basic stuff for a lot of folks I'm sure, but I'm not a young dude, and a lot of this stuff still leaves me scratching my head.

it is the same location on win 7, but AppData is prabably a hidden folder... google how to unhide folders and u should find it.