extaz93

[Coop1-4]-[Ravage] The Caribou Incident

The Caribou Incident
A Ravage coop mission for 1-4 players.

Introduction A.K.A a bunch of bullshit that you can skip !

I'm proud to introduce you my first public mission released on Arma 3 (the last time i shared missions on the internet was for the first Operation Flashpoint !).
I have played hundreds of hours on Ravage mod. I enjoy it really much. I think i've tried every published mission using that mod on steam or bis forums.
I enjoyed some, i've been frightened sometime, but most of the time missions where just a bunch of modules put together with only a survival aspect.
After playing a lot of "just survive" or "escape" missions, i wanted something else, to play with my buddies and feel something more intense in the Ravaged world.
I have made 3 or 4 missions with Ravage modules before sharing this one and i hope you will love it.

Pitch :
You are 4 US ARMY soldiers left on Caribou Island after the White Pleague started.
You have to find your way through the island and to complete three objectives :
- Find the laptop containing secret documents about the virus (2 random spots)
- Retrieve the infected blood from patient zero in a CSAT LAB. (static spot)
- Escape with a helicopter that you'll have to repair first (3 random spots)

Features :

- You are 4 US ARMY soldiers : you start with nice weapons, a bunch of ammos, maps, and you're not civilians or desperate survivors like in most Ravage missions.
- Each soldier has his speciality : 1 team leader (starting with a gut knife and binoculars), 1 rifleman, 1 sniper and 1 gunner-engineer (starting with a bag and a toolkit).
- Lots of points of interest : CSAT lab, random bandits camps, CSAT roadblocks with ammos and water, old us army base where you can get hoses and vehicules, gas stations where you can get toolkits and empty cannisters...
- Random starting position for the US ARMY team
- Punishing death system : you respawn after 30 seconds at the same place without your bags, loot or weapons. You only respawn with your uniform/gear/vest and a 9mm handgun ! But your friends can loot your body just before
you respawn if they are fast enough ! Teamwork is important here.
- All types of zombies. A lot of hordes walking around.
- Vehicles wrecks presence set on medium, and a few manually placed wrecks in strategic places.
- Time acceleration set on X8 so maybe you will have to play during the night. (with zombies spawn increased).
- Lots of hostile bandits/survivors (population factor : 2)
- RHS equipment in the loot system.
- Even if you are well trained soldiers, survival system is there and important (lack of food on the island, strategic place where you can find water, radiation system on...)
- Should be FPS friendly now (most of units use caching system and i tried to put as less as static objects as i could to keep FPS high.)
- Mission needs 1-3 hours playing, depending on the way you handle it.

Requirements A.K.A What you need to play this mission :

- CBA A3
- Ravage 0.1.52
- Cup Terrain : CupCore and Cup Maps
- RHS USAF/AFRF/GREF (0.4.5)
- Caribou Frontier (only for the Caribou Incident version)

Known issues : (as i'm some kind of noob modder, could get some help here !)
- Briefing and tasks are not showing on the loading screen before starting mission. When you start mission, it works well, so you should take cover and read the briefing and all the notes.
- There is no popup to tell you when you have completed a task, only a hint message, but don't worry tasks are well checked in the briefing menu.

The mission itselft :

03/17/2017

Both missions updated to final 1.0 :

- Effective use of presence randomness for most of CSAT soldiers. Better replayability.

- Corrected a missing crate in US ARMY OLD STORAGE.

- Corrected a misplaced HMMW.

- Added a loading picture.

Links :

The Caribou Incident 1.0 :

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1L_8LGbjBJ4QBUX-6FFY4wrtCoYdi9yjV

The Malden Incident 1.0 :

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1zr-5ArkESMz1cTKrMDuR137N_2GqEBUx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm working on other ravage missions on the island, maybe something just at the beginning of the White Pleague.
If there are some hardcore gamers around, i can make a version without any respawn as the whole mission can be done without dying (tested and approved !)

• Like 8

all the features sound great! but to be honest its more like 3-4-coop funny run with friends than 1-4 coop survival.

:)

any chance to get exactly the same, but with 4 survivors (minimum loot) and more objectives sites? I really want to give it a try with bCombat and GetTactical.

btw what about traders, do they work here?

all the features sound great! but to be honest its more like 3-4-coop funny run with friends than 1-4 coop survival.

Yes, survival is not the point of the mission, even if the system is still present, it's more like a classical tactic mission with a lot of ravage features in the background.

I wanted to avoid some things like players spending 2 hours to find a map, dying and then try to find a map again for two hours.

That's why i wanted to create a mission where you play armed forces in a ravaged world. Playing Usarmy soldier doesn't make players invincible...Also there are CSAT troops on the island who are heavily armed...

I like that mix of Zombies/Bandits and scavengers/Armies. Everyone is against everyone.

any chance to get exactly the same, but with 4 survivors (minimum loot) and more objectives sites? I really want to give it a try with bCombat and GetTactical.

Not for now. The mission is made with a scenario (look at the notes) so it won't make sense at all to play that scenario with civilian survivors.

BUT, i'm thinking about making a mission where you play a group of desperate survivors just at the beggining of the White Plague on Caribou Frontier. Just in the middle of the fight between US and CSAT.

I also wanted to avoid unending mission : a lot of ravage missions can be played for dozens of hours (yesterday i spent 8 hours on Escape without finding a vehicule, it was really painful). This mission can be ended in less than 2 hours if you are lucky.

btw what about traders, do they work here?

Friendlies survivor have 25% chance to be traders. I have to say that i have never met one of them in any Ravage mission (except hand placed ones)

Mission updated to 0.95 :

- Now all players should be able to complete the tasks.

- A few improvements on the zombies horde amount and placement.

- Decreased spawning distance so it should be more fps friendly now.

- Hoses in old US ARMY STORAGE are now working.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_GYzSnPn2CFSVJLLVpSalRyTVU

• Like 1

Mission updated to 0.98 :

- Removed ASR_AI dependency

- Remade the mission to be playable with last Arma III / Ravage / RHS updates

The mission :   https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1mhxDC35rEzKFjNOOebEqUlUvZO_QJfCm   (0.98)

Want more ? Try The Malden Incident : same objectives on another island and a higher difficulty !  https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=150yqtein4_SnU2b1Y8Gv9KFl4UAUMX_Z  (0.98)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

02/22/2018 :

Both Missions updated to 0.99 :

- A few mistakes and triggers malfunctions corrected.

The Caribou Incident :

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1sZfJybE4qWKgLo79eREEcPWTyBHelunU (0.99)

Want more ? Try The Malden Incident : same objectives on another island and a higher difficulty !  https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1szPc-mIrdfcN5pSqiwi2JtFGzZReYvEk (0.99)

• Like 2

03/17/2017

Both missions updated to final 1.0 :

- Effective use of presence randomness for most of CSAT soldiers. Better replayability.

- Corrected a missing crate in US ARMY OLD STORAGE.

- Corrected a misplaced HMMW.

- Added a loading picture.

Links :

The Caribou Incident 1.0 :

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1L_8LGbjBJ4QBUX-6FFY4wrtCoYdi9yjV

The Malden Incident 1.0 :

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1zr-5ArkESMz1cTKrMDuR137N_2GqEBUx

• Like 1

Seriously? You are trying to mark tasks as completed with "3" objStatus "Done" ? This works only in OFP, not in ARMA.

The Caribou version:

On 06.11.2016 at 12:48 PM, extaz93 said:

Punishing death system : you respawn after 30 seconds at the same place without your bags, loot or weapons. You only respawn with your uniform/gear/vest and a 9mm handgun !

Sounds like you just didn't managed how to get it to work (Spawn with your last equipment)

Should be FPS friendly now (most of units use caching system and i tried to put as less as static objects as i could to keep FPS high.)

What for caching system? Also the static objects doesn't really consume so much fps, but units - yes. FPS isn't good, but isn't bad too.

There is no popup to tell you when you have completed a task, only a hint message, but don't worry tasks are well checked in the briefing menu.

Well, I had only 1 task done in whole mission. (Played with my friend. He was Host and I client). I also had always script errors when task should be completed. You also tried to mark tasks as completed with old command from OFP.

18067C195462A7A95EC99593AA03FC87C68DEAD9

In that script error it looks like you just executed all possible stuff to get the task marked as completed, but thats not worked too :dontgetit:. You have only 3 tasks with: task_1, task_2, task_3. I don't get why overwrite your task variable with task_3 = true. task_3 is a task, so you don't have to redefine it. You also don't have to use publicVariable in a trigger, which executes by all players when you enter it (Even if trigger will be not executed by all players - the publicVariable makes no sense, because it will not mark the task as completed)

There is also no loot in buildings (You have to adjust the ravage mod for it).

But the critical thing is that you forgot to disable the debug console.

Thats all for now 

:glare: