Sign in to follow this  
taro8

Repair vehicles only repair when "health" is damaged

I did some extensive tests with repair vehicles and it turns out vanilla repair mechanics are wonky as hell. It seems that the automatic repair only triggers when vehicle "health" is damaged. In such case you get the "Repairing" text and everything gets repaired fine. However, if only a vehicle part, such as wheels, rotors, windshields, fuel system, avionics, are damaged by fire (tested by shooting a tailrotor) they do NOT trigger the automatic repair on support vehicles. I also tested out 3den mod with allows advanced component damage in the editor and it seems that "Hull" part damage does not decrease the vehicle "health" and thus does not allow for repairs.

It would be great if the automatic repair mechanics were patched in a way, so damaged vehicle components also trigger the automatic repair.

Test were done on vanilla arma with Apex. Then I only added 3den editor mod to test out advanced component damage.

EDIT: I tried a little trigger with damages player vehicle a tiny bit, if you do that, the "health" damage kickstarts the automatic repairs with fixes all the damaged modules. Its a simple trigger with this on activation: "vehicle player setDamage 0.01"

Know "problem" It's a choice I guess, coming along with the arma's engine. See more here. That means you can have Gun or wheels destroyed with no (global) damage depending on what caliber was used.

A demo? See here, my old video.

I don't see a problem in fact that damage to modules does not count to total damage. What I do however have problem with is the fact that the module damage does not trigger the repairs from the repair trucks.

Also for some reason when I run mission on my own hosted server (started via launcher) the support vehicles do not function at all and I do not get refueled or rearmed, even though they work in editor preview.

Can you make a bug report for this? Although I'd be interested in seeing the repair vehicle repair the vehicle entirely, even with just a single component damaged, the fact that the entire thing isn't working on a dedicated server is especially troubling.

I haven't tested it myself but I trust your work. :)