Hi Guys,

which methods are you using to record videos for mission intros?
I would like to add intro videos ( I think done by some commands in initplayer file) but need to find a good way to capture nice videos

What do you mean by capture videos ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqqxH6vIQbk

Nice and simple tutorial on how to "record/capture cinematic/videos"   :D  :P for intro purposes!!!!

That one looks more like cutscene to me.

So it is showing the video during mission which means a player can drop a grenade and die while video is running :P

I am thinking abou gcam recently to use. Problem with that mod is it does not captures video by itself if I understood correctly, which means I need another tool to capture the video while using gcam and then convert the output file to ogg and use it if I am not mistaken :)

BIS_fnc_playVideo can be used to play an .OGV file during a mission. However, videos tend to be rather heavy on hard drive space, increasing your mission size. I'd rely on scripted cutscenes like zagor64bz linked. AFAIK players can't do anything while the cutscene runs.

That one looks more like cutscene to me.

So it is showing the video during mission which means a player can drop a grenade and die while video is running :P

Maybe you are a little confused....

CUTSCENE are " scene" that you play during main mission..and while they're playing you can't move,drop any grenade...but you CAN get shot at.

INTROs are a COMPLETE DIFFERENT PART OF THE MISSION. Look on the toolbar of the 3den editor: there's a box that say "scenario": click on it and you'll see other options..

INTRO, OUTRO WIN,OUTRO LOOSE.

Those are scenarios on their own, and everything you put down will get erased when the "main" mission begins. 

Using that tutorial you will learn how to set up cameras for your INTROS/OUTROS , and play it at mission start.

just to be clear:

ONCE INTRO END PLAYING, YOUR MISSION START WITH "NEW" UNITS AND WHATNOT... 

;)  ;)  ;)

ok I will take a look to that tutorial. Thank you guys. I hope I will figure it out soon :)

ok now I have some more questions :unsure:
I will use the editor phases like you said with the camera setups as in the youtube video.

I want this into and outros in MP mission.

So should I call my sqf file from initplayer.sqf or should I use initintro.sqf?
As initintro.sqf used for intro and outro how to branch that sqf according to intro and outro? Are you using a variable initialized with a trigger or how?

AFAIK no intro or outro in MP...not from the editor anyway...sorry man..hope someone can prove me wrong!