Sign in to follow this  
Belbo

Marker not visible in other VON-channels

I've seen the changelog from version 1.64 and noticed

Added: Drawing markers is now connected with the current (VON) communications channel also

I thought it would be a great idea... BUT...

and it's a huge but... Markers drawn in side, command or global channels (which should be visible to every player of a side or in general) aren't visible in vehicle, direct or group channel... That's a pretty stupid feature.

Is there a way right now to enable the visibility of markers that should be seen by every player always?

• Like 3

I'll have to agree. After using it a while it really turns out to be more cumbersome than helpful. (especially with the automatic switch to groupchannel whenever you join a squad)

I'd much rather have a filter-function with some simple checkboxes at the top of the map (where the color-dropdown is). That would be much more useful.

• Like 1

Why a filter? It was working fine the way it used to be. I have to be shown at all times all the markers that I am qualified to see. If our side commander put some markers, then our group commander added some, then someone in our vehicle added one, I have to be able to see them all whatever other channel I am in, not constantly switch between channels to see if someone added something in some channel.

It has been changed in devbranch as per yesterday's update;

ENGINE 
Tweaked: Non-active channel markers are again visible and slightly transparent
  • Like 1