silentghoust

Newb questions about zues.

I decided to rename this topic to general questions as more seem to pop up as I try things.

1st question, how do I create "blank" player slots? Like in the Official Zues missions that allow me to set the spawn point before anybody else can actually spawn in.

2nd question, What settings do I need to make Zues respawn work properly? It seems without the Gamemaster mode module the respawn refuses to work as intended in the official BI missions. 

What you can do is set the scenario to make players (besides zeus) respawn on start. It takes them to the respawn screen while they wait for you to place it down. Just go into your missions file and make a description.ext. Inside past this and replace all the italics :

author="Your Name";
onLoadName = "Name Of Mission";
OnLoadMission = "Description";

respawn = 2;
respawnDelay = 15;
respawnVehicleDelay = 30;
respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory"};
respawnTemplatesEast[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory"};
respawnTemplatesGuer[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory"};

respawnOnStart = 1;
disabledAI = 1;
joinUnassigned = 1;
aiKills  = 1;

What I posted above also fixes your second question.

Sorry to ask a question here but it's also a noob question and probably better to ask it this way then to start a new thread.

Is it possible to group an AI spawned with Zeus Gamemaster to the player so he joins your group?

Yes simply select the AI, hold down CTRL and then connect the line to the player, that adds him to the players group AND faction.

• Like 1

Yes simply select the AI, hold down CTRL and then connect the line to the player, that adds him to the players group AND faction.

This isn't working for me. I've tried holding CTRL while selecting the unit on the map, and also from the edit and create tabs and I don't get a group line.

how do i make my own units to use in zeus i have been trying to look it up for weeks now

Like how to create player slots? Or AI for you to command?