Colince411

Converting srtm.tar -to- .asc

You open it with winrar, the file you want is inside it.

i took the srtm image and imported it into l3dt pro. Everything looked good so i exported it into asc. Then I re-opend the asc in l3dt and it was way messed up, looked incredibly corrupted. The same thing happend when i imported it into TB, which means something is happening when it is being exported. Any clue?

Did you use .asc or .xyz for export? Could you maybe post screenshots of the problem? Right now there isn't much info to start debug your issue.

I've tried both .xyz and .asc

It goes from this:

DQiAosU.png

To this:

R8W2omU.png

Alrigth, something gets corrupted at export. I've seen different kind of corruption wih .xyz but .asc has never failed me.

I would recommend sendig email with these pics to Aaron, the L3DT developer. He might have might have some insight in the matter, or at least he will want to know if there is a bug in the exporter.

I've never seen anything quite like this so im shooting in the dark, but whats your terrain heightmap resolution? 4096x4096 perhaps? Do you scale it on export? Is the second image immediately imported immediately after export?

Yes, the second image is the height map immediately imported back into L3DT after I exported it; just to check it.