WurschtBanane

Make jet attack laser designated targets only

Hi. I want to have the A10 jet from RHS circle around an area and only attack targets that a unit laser designates for him. I want him to use the GAU8 gatling gun on lasers too, how do i make that happen? Because if i just let him fly around he will attack tanks and vehicles by himself...

You can explain it to me with any vanilla jet like the wipeout too, i will find out the classnames by myself...

Cant you just remove all ammo from the GAU8 and rockets etc, leaving only the LGB ?

• Like 1

Cant you just remove all ammo from the GAU8 and rockets etc, leaving only the LGB ?

Did that.

2 Problems:

- He uses the bombs on his own.

- I want him to use his gun on lasers too.

I think command "laserTarget" might help on this. So basically airplane should not attack anyone and look for only objects which returns from this command. A while loop with sleep around laser check is required I guess. I am not sure if there is an event for lased targets

• Like 1

I think command "laserTarget" might help on this. So basically airplane should not attack anyone and look for only objects which returns from this command. A while loop with sleep around laser check is required I guess. I am not sure if there is an event for lased targets

I would love it if you put in an example of it!

• Like 1

I'd say you should start by doing this (which will effectively stop your jet from selecting targets on his own):

yourJet disableAI "AUTOTARGET";

then run a loop with something like this to find all lasertargets in a certain range:

_nearbyLasers = (getPosATL yourJet) nearEntities ["LaserTarget", 3000];

then find the closest of those lasertargets

_dist = 3000;
_nearestLaser = objNull;
{
  _check = _x distance yourJet;
  if (_check < _dist) then {
    _dist = _check;
    _nearestLaser = _x;
  };
  true
} count _nearbyLasers;

and then just tell your jet to target and engage _nearestLaser

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/doTarget

You could also set a waypoint or a move order. Whatever works best...