weaponsfree

Arsenal Action not available inside vehicles

When I want to add BIS Arsenal to an MP mission, I add this line to the init field of the object (ammo box/empty vehicle) that should hold the action :

0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

It works great with small static objects the player walks up to, but it seems that the action is not available when the player is inside the vehicle that has the action. This is a problem when I want players to square away their gear when in transit before insertion. I can go the long way and use an Addaction and a script inside the init, but I was wondering if someone has come across this and has a solution using the ammoboxinit.

Cheers

Woa. just tried using arsenal through addaction in a moving vehicle, and it auto-ejects the player. So basically no Arsenal in moving vehicle. Damn. At least Virtual Ammobox had the good grace to let you equip while on the move.

Time to look up Arsenal inside briefing.

Time to look up Arsenal inside briefing.

I always wanted that but never got it to work after OFP. If you find a solution, please share it.

Woa. just tried using arsenal through addaction in a moving vehicle, and it auto-ejects the player.

Try doing it the same way Eden uses by spawning a substitute for the player if he is in a vehicle and then copy the changes from the substitute back to the player when the Arsenal is closed.

SEE THIS THREAD

Try doing it the same way Eden uses by spawning a substitute for the player if he is in a vehicle and then copy the changes from the substitute back to the player when the Arsenal is closed.

SEE THIS THREAD

Thanks Larrow. As usual you're quick to help. Will check it out.