lugiahua

How to remove addon dependency in Arma3?

I would like to ask how to remove addon dependency in Arma3.

In the previous games, I could simply open mission.sqm with notes, then delete the lines containing the said addon.

But everytime I tried this in Arma3, it would result some error in the editor and causing program unable to proceed.

Did I do something wrong? Or did BIS change how sqm works?

If your sqm is not binarised then it is possible to remove dependencies but it is not as easy as just deleting the addon.

You have to go through and delete all objects that depend on the addon and change item counts aswell.

TBH this should be handled by the BI dependency UI that appears if an addon is missing. They have passed the sqm and it would be quite simple for them to remove entries internally that are orphaned( do not belong to a CfgPatches classes units ) and allow you to re-save the mission.

It would be possible to do this via an Eden addon but due to the fact the BI's dependency UI stops the mission from actually loading anything if a dependency is missing, it would only be possible to output a new sqm if the addon was loaded and you knew that you wanted anything associated with a certain mod removed.

Now if the mod is loaded then you could just go through and delete stuff manually although it could be possible that you miss stuff. By querying all3denEntities OBJECTS to find their CfgPatches class, much like the BI dependency UI, you could allow the user to delete all objects via the CfgPatches class they belong to. (hindsight that you need a dependency removed)

Without hindsight and if BI's dependency UI allowed a mission to load(just ignoring missing classes) you could include the .sqm via description.ext and remove anything that is orphaned and output a new sqm via copyToClipboard.

I just so wish BI could find a way to give us some secure file operations so we can create/append .ext, .hpp(some generic class config/data storage file) and .sqf files and folders from Eden but only in the current mission directory. It would open up so many possibilities without having to rely on the copyToClipboard which is a terrible/error prone end user experience.

• Like 2