Sign in to follow this  
Zodi4c

After montignac

Or rather, shooting me down.

Whenever I leave the forest, I get either

A) Run over/shot down by the tank

B) Blasted out of the bushes by the soldiers in the forest

C) Hunted down by patrolling soldiers

I read a few FAQs, which suggested I should RUN to DD57 (Edge of forest you are in now), then zig-zag to DD58 (Small bushy area) and then sprint again to the forest ahead, after which I get another Evac point assigned. (Already played the game once, but I cant seem to finish this mission)

My problem is, there are soldiers in DD58, the bushes I should take cover in. And those enemy Hinds flying over my head arent helping my concealment.

So, has anyone got any tips as a means to finish this mission? I even tried to run to the village nearby, since I saw a car there once, but I got gunned down by that tank. And when I took that LAW from my dead comrade, I got shot by the soldiers. confused.gif

So... Please help. Thank you, and good night.

LoL, that's the last campaign mission I tried to do too, way back in July 2001.

If something is too hard to do, it's not worth doing

-=Die Alive=-

Yea, well, how am I suppose to continue?

At the start run NE to Eb52.  There is a partrol with about four soldiers at the eastern edge of the woods.  If you see them take them out.  Otherwise go toward Provins.  Watch for the BMP to move away from you and then run into town.  The BMP partols the west of Provins, so move south along the eastern side of town.  You want to get to the UAZ.  Once there, get in, floor it, and head south.  Go through the village of Figari and at the next intersection head southeast off road towards the woods.  At the edge of the woods jump out and run into the trees.  Advance south and you will be captured ending the mission.  Hope that helps and good luck.  smile.gif

Dadster

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Nov. 06 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LoL, that's the last campaign mission I tried to do too, way back in July 2001.

If something is too hard to do, it's not worth doing

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

You`re sooooo weak!!! tounge.gifwink.gif

Well, I have completed the mission in vet.-mode with super ai enabled (I always play that way), but it`s been a long time...

I can`t tell any coordinates by heart, so I can only give a simple advice. (Yeah, not very helpful maybe, I know... )

Move like you would move as a real soldier who is in danger to get his arse shot to pieces. Don`t run all the time, you`re too visible. If you run, do it so, that you are covered to one side, maybe through a hill or so. Often take cover and take a look around to spot some enemies. If they move not directly into your direction, wait until they are out of sight, them move further. If they will see you, shoot first, the best method is aiming by "v" and using two fast single shots for one soldier. Aim for the body center or if you are more experienced, for the face. But always take breaks when you move, to be certain of all your surroundings. See everything, hear everything (good if you have a surround-system like me biggrin.gif ) and avoid being seen.

Just go south jerk monkeys.

From where you spawn, go south. Thers a body at the edge of the forest, grab some stuff off of it. Now there's a tree about 25m from him. Run to it and duck. Wait there, looking south, for a 4 man patrol. Once they get close enough, use an M203 grenade on them. If you get it right (Which will take a few tries) 1 gren will take out all of 'em. Then sprint south, zigzag if you hear shots. Make it to the next forest, then keep going to the next. Don't go into morton, you'll die of enemy soldiers there. It will become "overrun" and a new evac point is assigned. Go there. Its right north of the forest north of morton. Go there, you get captured. Then a cutscene, then you run, then another cutscene, and whaalaa, you meet the resistance.

this is one of the most discussed mission in 1985 campaign. and there are a lot of solutions/guides in this forum. using search function would be better to get ideas on how to survive it.