Sign in to follow this  
scotg

Buldozer - singled out problems with one .p3d file

After digging through buldozer  troubleshooting threads, I'm still in search of an answer to my problem. I have several .p3d files that work well and display their objects in buldozer, and the triangle counts range from 5,000 to 25,000 displayed without flaw. There is one file, however, that doesn't show up in buldozer at all. Buldozer starts up normally, but the result is a blank blue void. It's a 16,000 triangle helicopter. I looked at the vertex properties, and there are no hidden or ground faces, except for the hidden proxies. I tried different LODs, but none displayed. All faces were trianglized in 3DSMax before importing, This is the only model suffering from this problem, so I maybe have a setting off. Also, it my be a related issue that the famous yellow wire mesh is associated with the view geometry LOD, rather than LOD1. I can't remember how to change that.

On a side note, I updated Windows 10, which kicked my P: drive back to barebones. However, buldozer still works when I open the files through the normal directory. I can't remember if the helicopter wasn't displayed before the update, but I'm acting on the assumption that it did not.

use the merge near button and detect

use the merge near button and detect

Thanks for trying, but it's no good. I'm not sure what that was supposed to accomplish, but it sure didn't help for viewing my heli in buldozer. Yes, I have some elements very close to each other, like the instrument panels on and the instrument panels off. They are slightly apart so they don't accidentally become one, and this technique works for all my other vehicles which do show up in buldozer, as well as for the vanilla vehicles.

Here's something I did: I opened a model file that works with buldozer and pasted the copied heli model into a new LOD, then I tried the same approach in an all-new file. It worked both times, which leads me to believe that the original file has something out of place. If I can't figure out what's going on, I may have to xfer all the model LODs to a new file and overwrite (replace) the old one.