Sign in to follow this  
Woulff

Trackir

Here is a link to NaturalPoints forum topic Track IR in Flashpoint?.

This obviously needs to be a joint operation between Bohemia Interactive and NaturalPoint.

I ordered the E Dimensional 3D Glasses With the Head Tracker IR and OFP is like a whole new game. tounge.gif

For anyone considering getting 3D glasses to use with OFP RUN don't walk and order these glasses. When they arrive have a little patiance. The hardware/software takes about 5 minutes to set up. The settings for OFP take about a 1/2 hour to set up correctly. But once you set it up tou can save it and never have to worry about the setting for OFP again.

If your considering the Tracker IR head tracking unit. I would say it's only a must if you have the glasses. It adds such an amazing element when you can simply turn your head and look over your shoulder in the game, or glance up and bring your rifle to bear on that pesky sniper. What ever you turn your head towards, you look at in the game.

I've always prided myself on never getting any kind of motion sickness playing any video games... EVER. But when my buddy was flying the Apache in OFP and I was sitting in the gunner seat simply turning my head and looking around in 3D it was awesome! Then I spotted a target, a T-80 at 10 o-clock 800 meters! He banked hard and my stomach sank. The combination of 3D Glasses and the Head tracking unit brought our weapons to bear on the enemy tank fast. Faster then I could handle. I got a little quezzy. confused.gif

I fly on a regular basis, and I've flown "Combat" missions with Air Combat USA. I was only a little quezzy inverted at 4 .5 G's. I was a little less quezzy in my computer room. But I was quezzy none the less. Don't get me wrong, that's not a complaint... That's a complament! Talk about realism!

If you're thinking about ordering the 3D Glasses or Tracker IR You can use this promotional code and get $5 off, simply enter 6874 into the promotional code field upon checkout, click redeem, and the'll handle the rest. If you order both at the same time you can get another $20 bucks off your order.

Before I sound any more like a commercial for E Dimensional I'm going to go play with my E Dimensional 3D Glasses and my E Dimensional Tracker IR Head Tracking Unit in the 3 Dimensional world that E Dimensional has introduced me to! biggrin.gif

Jason-Alaska

On a sidenote, does anyone use gamepads for OFP, especially piloting? I was playing online with a guy who said he uses a PS2 controller with 2 analog sticks (and adapter) for flying in OFP and said its even better than a joystick.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Woulff @ Jan. 07 2003,02:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dubble0zero

Make sure you bind a key to activate the TrackIR.  Maybe that will help.

-News-

SimHQ has posted an interview with the president of NaturalPoint.  You can read about it here.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, that's not the problem, I can use it to aim whith if I activate mouselook... but when I switch to keymapping it doesnt work, hovewer I can use it to shoot and reload with... so the devise works...

I wonder if anybody is working on this? I would like to be able to look around and still have mouse control and shoot or fly with a virtual cockpit.

Maybe when the sourcecode is released someone could add support?

Well, it is suggested on the track IR forums, they just need to cooperate with BIS, they have done it for MSFS whith a dll file, so they should be able to do it with OFP to...

I would really like to see TrackIR supported DLL-wise in OFP. At the moment i'm using it with IL-2 Forgotten Battles and it's totally awesome. Would be great to have the possibility to freely look around in OFP as well.

If I understand it right now you can use the track IR only instead of the mouse?

If you move your head ingame you will move head and body direction?

I would like to see that you steer your body with your mouse and are still able to look to the side or back with track IR (like it can be done with the key pad numbers now)

To get this we need this dll file right?

I think that would be great ( the free moving head is one of the groundbreaking OFP features annyway)

Is it possible to configure some kind of zones with the Track IR so that if you look right it would be same as pressing and holding keypad-6 and if you look in the upper left corner of your screen it would be keypad-7, look left -> keypad-4, look down and left keypad-1 etc.?

On a sidenote, does anyone use gamepads for OFP, especially piloting? I was playing online with a guy who said he uses a PS2 controller with 2 analog sticks (and adapter) for flying in OFP and said its even better than a joystick.

Reading thru some old thread i stumbled on this.

Interesting! As an Elite player i would like to (experiment with) playing OFp or better Arma with the 360 wired controller (which is std supported in Windows) together with TrackIR (still to be bought by me sometime in the future), and so to get a situation in which i only need minimal use of the keyboard (and loose the mouse altogether)