GirlieAllie

Buldozer - No Terrain Textures

Hi y'all. Searched around and while others have had similar problems I haven't been able to find any help that might apply to me.
Problem: Buldozer shows a 'blank' terrain, with a uniform white texture rather than the satmap or the close-up materials, after exporting layers and building terrain without errors. Like so.

Here is a copy of my project folder. You can find the images in there, along with other files, and below are my layers and my .h files for ease-of-access:

cfgclutter.h:

class DefaultClutter;
class clutter
{
	class GrassGreen: DefaultClutter
		{
			model="A3\plants_f\Clutter\c_Grass_Green.p3d";
			affectedByWind=1;
			swLighting=1;
			scaleMin=0.85000002;
			scaleMax=1;
			surfaceColor[]={0.43099999,0.47499999,0.26699999};
		};
	class ThistleThornGreen: DefaultClutter
		{
			model="A3\plants_f\Clutter\c_Thistle_Thorn_Green.p3d";
			affectedByWind=0.30000001;
			swLighting=0;
			scaleMin=0.30000001;
			scaleMax=1;
		};
	class ThistleThornGreenSmall: DefaultClutter
		{
			model="A3\plants_f\Clutter\c_Thistle_Thorn_Green.p3d";
			affectedByWind=0.25;
			swLighting=0;
			scaleMin=0.40000001;
			scaleMax=0.69999999;
		};
	class FlowerLowYellow2: DefaultClutter
		{
			model="A3\plants_f\Clutter\c_Flower_Low_Yellow2.p3d";
			affectedByWind=0.40000001;
			swLighting=1;
			scaleMin=0.60000002;
			scaleMax=1;
		};
};

cfgSurfaces.h:

class CfgSurfaces
{
	class Default
	{
	};
	class Water
	{
	};
	class GdtGrassGreen: Default
	{
		access=2;
		files="gdt_grass_green_*";
		character="GrassGreenClutter";
		soundEnviron="grass";
		soundHit="soft_ground";
		rough=0.079999998;
		maxSpeedCoef=0.89999998;
		dust=0.050000001;
		lucidity=4;
		grassCover=0.050000001;
		impact="hitGroundSoft";
		surfaceFriction=1.7;
		maxClutterColoringCoef=1.35;
	};
	class GdtBeach: Default
	{
		access=2;
		files="gdt_beach_*";
		character="Empty";
		soundEnviron="sand";
		soundHit="soft_ground";
		rough=0.1;
		maxSpeedCoef=0.89999998;
		dust=0.82999998;
		lucidity=1.25;
		grassCover=0;
		impact="hitGroundSoft";
		surfaceFriction=1.6;
	};
	class GdtStratisSeabed: Default
	{
		access=2;
		files="gdt_strdeepsea_*";
		character="Empty";
		soundEnviron="gravel";
		soundHit="hard_ground";
		rough=0.15000001;
		maxSpeedCoef=0.85000002;
		dust=0.75;
		lucidity=150;
		grassCover=0;
		surfaceFriction=1.4;
	};
};
class CfgSurfaceCharacters
{
	class GrassGreenClutter
	{
		probability[]={0.74000001,0.02,0.19,0.050000001};
		names[]=
		{
			"GrassGreen",
			"ThistleThornGreen",
			"ThistleThornGreenSmall",
			"FlowerLowYellow2"
		};
	};
};

layers.cfg:

class Layers
{
	class GdtGrassGreen
	{
		texture = "tortugas\data\gdt_grass_green_co.paa";
		material = "tortugas\data\gdt_grass_green.rvmat";
	};

class GdtBeach
	{
		texture = "tortugas\data\gdt_beach_co.paa";
		material = "tortugas\data\gdt_beach.rvmat";
	};

class GdtStratisSeabed
	{
		texture = "tortugas\data\gdt_strdeepsea_co.paa";
		material = "tortugas\data\gdt_strdeepsea.rvmat";
};

class Legend
{
	picture="tortugas\source\maplegend.png";
	class Colors
	{
		GdtGrassGreen[] = {{0,0,255}};
		GdtBeach[] = {{255,0,0}};
		GdtStratisSeabed[] = {{0,255,0}};
	};
};

Here's one of my three .rvmat files. The only changes I've made from the defaults is to reroute to the specific materials, and they're identical across the .rvmats (in terms of syntax):

ambient[]={1,1,1,1};
diffuse[]={0.25,0.25,0.25,1};
forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,0};
specular[]={0,0,0,0};
specularPower=1;
emmisive[]={0,0,0,0};
PixelShaderID="NormalMapDiffuse";
VertexShaderID="NormalMapDiffuseAlpha";
class Stage1
{
	texture="tortugas\data\gdt_beach_nopx.paa";
	uvSource="tex";
	class uvTransform
	{
		aside[]={5,0,0};
		up[]={0,5,0};
		dir[]={0,0,0};
		pos[]={0,0,0};
	};
};
class Stage2
{
	texture="tortugas\data\gdt_beach_co.paa";
	uvSource="tex";
	class uvTransform
	{
		aside[]={5,0,0};
		up[]={0,5,0};
		dir[]={0,0,0};
		pos[]={0,0,0};
	};
};

For reference, I've mainly followed the CPTNCAPS tutorial. Rebuilding my P: drive, Buldozer, etc. has not alleviated the problem, and my Buldozer config is default. I've redone the entire project from scratch up until this point and resulted in same problem. Can't find any immediately obvious errors, but I'm a newbie. I'd appreciate any help. (Also, I've run into another 'cannot find file P:/' error when trying to rebuild my layers, so if anyone can see any typos that I can't find, would help as well!)

Did you set your sat map and mask to 200000 easting? Sometimes it puts it to the left of the map frame. Try turning it off and on using the toolbar, an see if its over your heightmap.

You can change the coords by clicking your sat map on the right and clicking properties. It needs to be 200000 Easting and 0 Northing.

Did you set your sat map and mask to 200000 easting? Sometimes it puts it to the left of the map frame. Try turning it off and on using the toolbar, an see if its over your heightmap.

You can change the coords by clicking your sat map on the right and clicking properties. It needs to be 200000 Easting and 0 Northing.

A note about this: In the original project I set the UTM offset to the proper zone and changed the northings/eastings accordingly. On a second rebuild of the project I went the 200000,0 route and ran into the same problem.

The heightmap, satmap, and mask are all aligned in both instances.

A note about this: In the original project I set the UTM offset to the proper zone and changed the northings/eastings accordingly. On a second rebuild of the project I went the 200000,0 route and ran into the same problem.

The heightmap, satmap, and mask are all aligned in both instances.

Just noticed your layers config is wrong

replace all the

with

texture = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,0.5,1)";

also did you remember to export your sat image? lol

The configs look ok except for the fact you are not using customs tags. You need to get in the habit of doing so or you will overwrite the main game configs and clutter will not work.

For instance in your clutter config where you have grassgreen you could do GirlA_grassgreen. That tag is just a suggestion. But it is unique to your island and nobody else should have it so it avoids conflicting configs in other mods since all class names need to be unique as there can be only ONE class grassgreen.

As far as the "texture =" line goes I believe that is ignored anyway. Since it was originally used for a per texture mco. The game no longer uses it in favor of a single mco texture defined in the main config.

I how check that you have exported your layers and converted them to paa which needs to be done prior to launching buldozer or you will end up with the white terrain you have there

First off: Success!

I implemented the change RoF mentioned and replaced my standard tags with custom ones. After finding that typo (gotta close those brackets) I recompiled the layers and the texture, satmap appeared.

Not sure which of the two things were causing the error (though both were important ones to fix) as I just changed them together, but the issue is resolved nonetheless. I'll be writing this one down.

Just noticed your layers config is wrong

replace all the

with

texture = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,0.5,1)";
also did you remember to export your sat image? lol

The bug occurred after exporting all of the layers and letting TB/Buldozer do the necessary conversions. Thanks for pointing my error out though.

The configs look ok except for the fact you are not using customs tags. You need to get in the habit of doing so or you will overwrite the main game configs and clutter will not work.

For instance in your clutter config where you have grassgreen you could do GirlA_grassgreen. That tag is just a suggestion. But it is unique to your island and nobody else should have it so it avoids conflicting configs in other mods since all class names need to be unique as there can be only ONE class grassgreen.

Thank you for this tip. I was actually using the standard tags out of a paranoia that giving them custom ones would interfere, not the other way around. I'll be doing this from now on.

More thanks for the patience and help, sorry for the bother of my misunderstanding.

Cool. Glad it's working. I would venture to say the non closed bracket is what caused the issues only because I know you can leave the texture ="" ;

And it will still work. But either way glad it's working.

Hi, I'm replying here because I'm new to here and I can't make a new topic so... My problem is I'm using visitor 4 and everytime when I run buldozer I can see only trees,bushes and buildings but no ground textures are showing up, ground is grey with trees, buildings etc... and my buldozer is never converting textures, so I did it manually. And I tried with convertpaa batch file and with pal2pace, and still not working.(I have heightmap/terrain map, mask surface sat map and mapframe on the rasters tab etc...) So what I'm doing wrong? I can post some pictures tomorrow of the world and settings etc...

Hi, I'm replying here because I'm new to here and I can't make a new topic so... My problem is I'm using visitor 4 and everytime when I run buldozer I can see only trees,bushes and buildings but no ground textures are showing up, ground is grey with trees, buildings etc... and my buldozer is never converting textures, so I did it manually. And I tried with convertpaa batch file and with pal2pace, and still not working.(I have heightmap/terrain map, mask surface sat map and mapframe on the rasters tab etc...) So what I'm doing wrong? I can post some pictures tomorrow of the world and settings etc...

Is your layers.cfg set up correct?

Do you have MapLegend.png in the source folder?

Is your sat map etc all in the map frame?

When you export the layers, does TB give any errors?

This is good for config and setting up your map http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28048

Hi again, Here I'm gonna post some pictures from my visitor 4 and buldozer...

And is visitor 4 and TB almost same software so TB methods can work in visitor 4 ? Just curious...

Some pictures, I hope I get this fixed asap, I know the visitor project and screenshot doesn't match but its same result anyway with or without objects

14672651_1268159119924711_185403704_o.jp

Visitor4.png

Converter.png

I have maplegend.png + layers.cfg on source folder and I get no errors just only a grey world with objects or without if I haven't placed objects on map

Should I post mapframe properties too ?

Edit: I got it to work=)