Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Advice required from SP mission makers - which revive works?

Trying to replace Psychos Revive which works great for MP but does not work with Unit Switching in SP.

I did post in Mission Editing forum but not finding the answers there, and it seems like BTC and FAR by Farooq are both a bit buggy.

Ideally Im seeking a revive script which requires the unit doing the healing to possess FAK or Medikit.

Thanks in advance.

Lighty

If it's fully AI compatible, why wouldn't it work in SP?

I don't know, maybe it relies on MP functions like respawn or something. It just seems odd since it gets added directly to the mission files, rather than just a server. Again I haven't tried it and I don't doubt you'd know better than me.

first, this is the wrong place for your post, this thread is only for mission releases

second, go menu arma3 multiplayer then do start a LAN host and problem is solved for SP revive.  ;)

LAN = Local Area Network so nobody from internet can join your host...

• Like 1

first, this is the wrong place for your post, this thread is only for mission releases

second, go menu arma3 multiplayer then do start a LAN host and problem is solved for SP revive.  ;)

LAN = Local Area Network so nobody from internet can join your host...

Agreed. Just enable AI for the mission and play it in LAN. It's the easiest solution assuming you don't need to save.

ok first up, I've been playing Arma for years so I know how to launch of MP to play a SP mission - that wasn't the question.

The problem running SP mission that way is that you can't switch units which is one of the elements that ppl who play SP like to do and it suits my Ghost Recon style missions.

Using Psycho's Revive in SP means that if you get injured and switch units you still carry the same injured effects with you - it doesn't work.

And this may not be the right place to post but this is where the mission makers come so I thought I might get a quick answer.

That's a fair explanation for wanting to stay in SP. Hopefully someone knows something that works or BIS just goes ahead and gets AI in in theirs.