Sign in to follow this  
trent

Apex campaign mission 1 - is this a bug?

After untying the cop at point New York, I then go to secure the radio mast. I died doing so and when I respawned the "Search New York" objective was assigned again. The radio mast objective was still present so I went and did that and nothing happened. The New York objective was still open so I traveled back and all there is is an invulnerable cop standing in the house.

You can see it happen to someone else in this video.

Did I miss something extra in NY or is this a scripting bug?

Also searching other videos revealed that there's supposed to be an ANN cutscene that plays before the first mission.

This didn't happen and I got dropped right in the middle of looking for someone called Keystone. No dev branch and no mods running.

• Like 1

I sort of had the same issue but it was player error and not a 'bug'.

For the sake of those who haven't played the mission yet, most of the response will be in the spoiler below

The invincible guy is a hostage you're suppose to rescue so he can tell you to go to the radio tower where they are holding his buddy. However, I did this, searched New York and couldn't find anything to get a task succeeded status.

After clearing out the radio tower I was ambushed by some guys about 150 meters away. I saw them get out of a jeep and run away when I first approached New York and I think it was these two still being alive that stopped me from completing the task. You may have to look around or drive around the immediate area to draw out their fire to complete that task :)

I played through it. This time it assigned me the Toronto objective with the optional objective of clearing the radio tower. I think the first time I manually assigned the radio tower as my current objective but I can't be sure, or if that made a difference.

Played it through, got mission completed, but the next mission still locked? how do you unlock the next mission? Has Bis not made/released it yet?

I can confirm Rich_R's solution along with some further details

Spoiler contains spoilers

Campaign: Apex

Mission: 1 - Keystone

Objective: New York

Issue: after clearing New York, the mission continues to be "in progress"

Solution:

There are several jeeps that arrive to "reinforce" the objective.  One from the North-east and one from the east.  the one to the north (at least for me) ended up crashing in a ditch pretty much directly between the objective and Katkoula.  A good solution is to drive around in a vehicle and do thermal sweeps until you find it.  Once the 2 troops from the jeep are dead, you must return to New York, and walk around in the room that the police officer is in.  After that it should succeed leaving you clear to continue.

20160728235526_1_zpss7ql51vs.jpg

Everything said here is accurate. When you manage to kill all the OPFOR guys, next mission becomes available.

If for some reason, the firefight gets prolonged, one or two guys can be pretty much anywhere. They do not wish to engage you and finding them is tricky. As there are plenty of bad guys to kill, and they seem to be well trained toops, the prolonging will happen almost on every attempt. All this isn't self-evident by playing only the game, so I wich BI would do something to take the sharpest edges off from this mission.