Sign in to follow this  
jimmybulmer

Arma 3 - FPS Bug - Low FPS no reason - RESOLVED

Anyone else having this issue may be a different cause but please make sure to check what my issue was as you could end out ruining your PC.

​THE CAUSE OF MY ISSUE IS MY CPU COOLING IS BROKEN OR IMPROPERLY WORKING AS ITS SITTING IDLE A 90-100 DEGREES AND NEVER DROPS BELLOW 97 IN GAME. PLEASE CHECK IF YOU ARE HAVING SIMILIAR ISSUES​

So basically on the new Tanoa map I struggle to hit 13 fps. Now straight away your probably thinking just a bad PC. Keep reading so maybe you can help me.

I have always been a big fan of the Arma games and have always played them really well with great performance. So before Apex hit the dev branch I was a solid 60+ FPS constant on Altis or many other maps with no issues at all on the highest settings (except rendering). Now  even after apex hit the dev branch I was playing the Tanoa map alot at 40-60 fps. A slight decrease but bareable and expected with the jungle terrain. However after two or three weeks into the dev branch I can no longer get even a steady 13fps and rarley go above. The highest I have seen since that point is around 23 no matter what settings. The weird thing seems to be its not as bad on Altis. It still shows a precense with only getting 30-40fps on max settings which is worse than before but not as bad as the 13fps on lowest settings on the Tanoa map. So im wondering if anyone has any ideas on what could be the cause and most importantly a fix.

My current specs are:

PSU: 700w (Dunno the brand)

CPU: Intel i7-4790k (Not overclocked yet as im on the stock fan)

GPU: AMD R9-270X

12GB DDR3 Ram

1TB cheap hard drive (Im replacing this soon as Im having a few hard drive related issues with data transfer and general use of it)

I have tried the following fixes:

- Reinstalling the game

-Verifying game cache

- Restarting my PC

- I have tried many servers and the editor

- I have cleaned up my pc of all non neccesary files.

-Tried the different malloc's

any help would be greatly appreciated as this is a game breaker for me and is stopping me being able to play my favoruite game!

Have just tried multiple servers and all the FPS are now bellow 13 on the malloc that gave me the best single player FPS even altis servers. I tried many wasteland servers and a tanoa life + altis life server hosted by the same people who I used to play on a lot with great FPS. So the malloc seemed to have helped a bit in singleplayer (possibly) but not at all on multiplayer

Edited by R0adki11
removed huge letters and ugly font
  • Like 2

You forgot to post your in game graphics settings. Granted like for like you shouldn't be experiencing such a drastic change but can you just check for good form ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the same problem. Before now I could easily get 30fps on Altis with everything set to high, now I'm chugging at 13-14fps with everything on low (for Altis as well as Tanoa). My guess is that it's the new rendering system, as they had mentioned that it could result in lower performance for some people. 

Regardless, I doubt that the problem will remain in place for very long, and will be resolved soon.

it might be the new LOD blending, they did say it might come at the cost of some fps but it might have taken more than the render optimization has brought

Since yesterday I'm experiencing stuttering especially when turning as well as shooting . 

I've been on dev branch until yesterday, everything has been silky smooth previously on both Altis and Tanoa.

Looks like 15-25  in the editor just running around with no AI, when checking the FPS counter in the menu it says 60 (?)

I've made no changes in my video settings.

Have had around 55-68 FPS these last weeks on dev branch, with plenty of AI and stuff.

• Like 1

My graphics settings are normally high everything on the first menu and normal on the 3rd menu. Now with everything on low it's horrible

As someone said earlier I also often will get low fps on the main menu but that was fixed by making a new profile I think. That doesn't fix the main issue though

Please close this thread as the cause of my issue has been found (Overheating CPU) Thank you all for the help and thanks to @Arma3official for actually responding unlike alot of devs would you guys are the greatest and cant wait to get my PC back together and working to play some more Apex!!!

Since yesterday I'm experiencing stuttering especially when turning as well as shooting . 

I've been on dev branch until yesterday, everything has been silky smooth previously on both Altis and Tanoa.

Looks like 15-25  in the editor just running around with no AI, when checking the FPS counter in the menu it says 60 (?)

I've made no changes in my video settings.

Have had around 55-68 FPS these last weeks on dev branch, with plenty of AI and stuff.

i am in exactly the same situation.

i use an asus ROG 15"

i hope this can be fixed

Please close this thread as the cause of my issue has been found (Overheating CPU) Thank you all for the help and thanks to @Arma3official for actually responding unlike alot of devs would you guys are the greatest and cant wait to get my PC back together and working to play some more Apex!!!

Closing :padlock:

• Like 2