anubis408

Setting up Restart Warnings without a Dedicated Server or Restart Script

Hi all,

So I am running into a problem. I have setup automatic restarts with my Game Service Provider, they have set the server to automatically restart on their end every 4 hours. I have tried looking around and have found code and such for setting up automatic restarts on dedicated boxes. I do not have the same control over my server that these individuals have. I even tried adapting some code from Exile as well as ripping the timer script from the dedicated scripts, without any luck.

Has anyone ever done this before? I would like to have messages appear giving a heads up when the servers restart, and then give warnings like "Server will restart in 1 hour" 30 minutes...10 minutes etc. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Anubis

use BEC

This looks very promising, and I found this link: http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/setting-up-the-scheduler/but I am unsure where to put this file or how to tell the server or BEC to run it. If I were to create an xml file with that code and just threw it in my server's BattleEye folder would it work? All I have in my BEC folder is a few dll's and exe's.