Sign in to follow this  
wantafanta

removing required addon for faction using replacement config

so in an attempt to slim our mod repo down a tad were looking at removing some un-used mods (mainly nato sf weapons pack by massi and some other mods) and its a requirement for one mod we do actually need (UKSF by massi) so i started doing a bit of research in an attempt to find a solution that wouldnt require keeping both or removing both and i found a link on the wiki for creating replacement configs for arma 3.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_3_Replacement_Config_Tutorial

one thing im not too sure about though, is if this will solve the issue of not being able to get into the server due to the fact that the requiredaddons line in the config for UKSF_mas still has his weapons pack as a dependancy. this is something ive never attempted before but i have a feeling that theres gotta be a way to solve this without needing to find a replacement that doesnt have a dependency

Technically all you would need to do is (at least theoretically) is create a new config.cpp that is just the cfgPatches part that has the same name as the Massi NATO SF Weapons pack. I don't personally use the addon so I'm not sure what it is, but it would look something like this:

class CfgPatches
{
	class MASSI_CLASSNAME
	{
		ammo[] = {};
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		vehicles[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 1.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Weapons_F"};

};
};

That would circumvent the requirement, however you'd still get errors due to the units themselves still looking for the weapons they're outfitted with...