HeroesandvillainsOS

[ALiVE, SP/COOP 1-7] The Contractor [Hostage Rescue]

Hello, sorry to ask, but could you be more specific with TPW SOAP?

I have not idea what soap is. He has a ton of mods with TPW.

Lastly, could you please give a link for TPW?
The search on BIS sucks.

Thanks for making SP mission. 
Play it in Scenarios or LAN as usual?

EDIT:
Here is the TPW link with info about SOAP

@Mordacai Hi! Sorry if my post about TPW was a bit confusing. And keep in mind, TPW Mods is entirely optional but the ambient sounds are really nice. :) Yes, that is the right link. All of his features are included in the one mod package so feel free to go ahead and download it. It's a great mod!

When you download TPW Mods, it has a userconfig file. Inside that user config file, is a folder called TPW_Mods. This folder goes inside your program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig folder.

Inside the TPW_Mods userconfig folder is a file called mods.hpp which you can edit in a program like Notepad.

You'll see each TPW feature, such as ambient animals, fog, streetlights, etc, listed with a 1 or a 0. 1 enables the feature, 0 disables the feature. My recommendation for this mission is to put them all on 0, except towards the bottom where you'll see the ambient music (he used to call it SOAP, though that may have changed. Scroll down and you'll see it).

I like putting the ambient sounds with the 1 value (which enables it). TPW has programmed this in a way to automatically recognize the map style. Since Zargabad is middle eastern, it will automatically enable the right music and sounds. Then save the mods.hpp file and run TPW mods like you would any other mod.

For this mission, it is entirely safe to play this through SP scenarios. You can certainly host a LAN session for yourself if you want to play with a friend or get increased performance, but if you want to teamswitch in the event you die, stay in SP. For this one that's what I do.

• Like 1

Hello, I moved your reply here from the MODs section:

"Thanks for the feedback. That has happened to me before in testing (rarely, but I've seen it happen), and I had to command him to a spot out of the building (using the Fkey and using move there) and it broke him out of it and he began following orders.

Did he join your team before he became unresponsive? That sucks though. I've tested it a lot and it's usually fine and the one time that happened I figured it was just Arma being Arma.

I'll look into it and see if I can make the transition for rescuing him smoother. I appreciate you playing the mission."

Yes, hostage joins correctly and responds, but the room he is inside is a bit compact with furniture.
You have 3 possible locations, so it's possible the other 2 may have worked out.

It's not a big deal, because from that moment of joining the team, I used my imagination, assumed we got his ass back to base in one piece, threw down some Pabst Blue Ribbons and talked about the local babes............:f:

As I mentioned before, great balance with enemies. Keep up the work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mordacai said:

Hello, I moved your reply here from the MODs section:

"Thanks for the feedback. That has happened to me before in testing (rarely, but I've seen it happen), and I had to command him to a spot out of the building (using the Fkey and using move there) and it broke him out of it and he began following orders.

Did he join your team before he became unresponsive? That sucks though. I've tested it a lot and it's usually fine and the one time that happened I figured it was just Arma being Arma.

I'll look into it and see if I can make the transition for rescuing him smoother. I appreciate you playing the mission."

Yes, hostage joins correctly and responds, but the room he is inside is a bit compact with furniture.
You have 3 possible locations, so it's possible the other 2 may have worked out.

It's not a big deal, because from that moment of joining the team, I used my imagination, assumed we got his ass back to base in one piece, threw down some Pabst Blue Ribbons and talked about the local babes............:f:

As I mentioned before, great balance with enemies. Keep up the work.

Haha! Yeah I was thinking that this morning. "Well," I said to myself. "He beat it in spirit!" :)

Do you know offhand which location he was at? Was it the really small concrete room, closest to the shack where the Intel document was? If so, that's a new location I'm trying out and I can definitely move it.

I'll also run the code I'm using to have him join the player group past the scripting guys over in the scripting area just to make sure the one I'm using is the most efficient. 

Anyway, thanks for playing. And yeah you pretty much beat it. Lol. Good job. :) I definitely hope to make more small scale missions like this in the future.

Mordecai, thanks for your feedback. I looked into it and I noticed the code I was using to free the hostage was only set up to have him join the group of the original player. This meant if you died and teamswitched to a new team leader, the hostage couldn't be freed.

This is now fixed. Any team leader now has direct control over the hostage.

While I was at it, I changed one of the hostage locations to a larger space, and also moved any objects near the hostage further away in all of the potential locations to prevent him from getting stuck.

A couple quick teleport tests, and in all 3 locations, he's getting freed and following orders just fine.

Thanks for the feedback man. Updated.

man i ran into a problem, i cant trigger the first task: get in the choppaah idk why, i tried everything

8 minutes ago, Aldox said:

man i ran into a problem, i cant trigger the first task: get in the choppaah idk why, i tried everything

Hmm wow didn't think anyone would ever play this. Lol. Sorry you're having issues. I actually tested the trigger/tasks stuff not too long ago (in the event someone did play it), and it all worked fine. I can certainly check again.

I have a simple trigger set to go off (succeed) when you get near the chopper at the main base. So it's not working? I'll take another look and update you on it as soon as I can.

20 minutes ago, Aldox said:

Yeah baby, it still works! I'm awesome. I love when things still work! :)

EektMEC.jpg

So basically, when you spawn, head to the chopper directly in front of you. Then get really close to it, and this will be the easiest task you ever accomplished in your life! LOL! 

I guess, make sure you're only using the required mods and nothing else. I honestly can't imagine what could possibly be keeping this trigger from firing for you. Loading up the mission with just the required mods works fine on my end.