bludski

Arctic Circle map / project horde

In short, the map won't accept any more objects without crashing the packing sofware.

How many objects have u placed till the packer crashes?

Regards

Chaser

How many objects were placed before the packing software crashed?

Really xDDDD

• Like 1

Really xDDDD

How many objects were placed before the packing software crashed?

We were testing for hours and hours on mapmaker discord.

it is not just the object count. it is the combination of everything.

People have crunched same setting maps with 3 mill more than my 8 mill. but not also 3000+ roads.

Have also completely rebuilt TB files and same thing occurs.

Binarise crashes using 3690 or so gb ram.

The map had 8,389.683 objects where between half and a million were hand placed.

I sent the object layers to other mappers to confirm they binarise fine and their end in dummy maps they took the time to create to test out with exactly same map parameters as I and they had no errors.

I completely rebuilt my setup, tried around thirty different configurations and and it is the sum of my map that doesn't binarise. All components work individually and in various groups but not everything together.

One guy had more than 11 mill objects on a same size map with exact same specs and it worked fine. No roads, keypoints, custom textures and such however.

My new map is already well underway but you will have to wait until i make a thread for that one before i reveal anything about it!

An island from the old map will be given to another mod, but will not be finished by me.

Yeah, after doing some light mountaineering on Tanoa, I'm actually looking forward to some crazy cliffs heheh

Will you be streaming again in the future?

@jaaxxxxon The mountains are much better on the new terrain. Yes i will be streaming again on the new map as soon as i'm far enough along with the basics that i feel like showing them.

Some time this week for sure and maybe in a few hours if i can.

I've started using twitch instead of youtube because the youtube streaming is so archaic and buggy.

https://www.twitch.tv/bludclot

I don't do gaming there. Just mapmaking and flying lessons.

• Like 1

As this project has been replaced with a new one, can we get a mod to close down or dispose of this thread as they see fit? Thanks and sorry for the trouble.