HeroesandvillainsOS

Where is server.cfg located?

So I've been having trouble with TADST since the update and I've been reading the guide for how to start your own dedicated server using steam.cmd.

However, looking at it I realize I don't have a server.cfg file anywhere that I can find. I see on the wiki that it can be named anything and has no default name so what would it be that I'm looking for? Or do I just make one in notepad?

Been using TADST for a long time now and I know server.cfg is an important file. Pretty sure that's where difficulty is adjusted for the server. Kind of surprised I don't have one considering I've been launching this dedicated server tool for quite some time and changing difficulty on the server.

I wonder which file of mine TADST had been editing? It must be there in some form or fashion. Probably by a different name but I don't see anything in my root folder or documents folder at all.

The only thing with cfg at the end is alive.cfg but that's obviously just a file for use with that mod. Or maybe not and that's it?

It can be anywhere in your A3 folder as you can set it's location using a server startup param (ie:  config=\path\to\file.cfg).  If you don't set that param it defaults to A3 root directory.

Start with the example one here and adjust to taste.  If you don't have a .cfg file already just create one in Notepad.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

• Like 1