-ORION-

Trigger hints for specific players, not everybody.

Whenever I check out a new terrain, I like to take out the Little Bird and practice landing in all sorts of locations. I've recently decided to polish up my simple, ad hoc "missions" and publish them as workshop scenarios for others to use. My issue is a minor one, but still annoying, and I suspect there's a simple solution for it.

I've set up LZs with triggers across the terrain that recognize when players land in the designated areas using this in the condition box:

{_x isKindOf "Helicopter" && isTouchingGround _x} count thisList > 0

I then have a hint pop up telling the player they have successfully landed at such and such landing zone. All works well, except that each player on the server sees hints that don't pertain to them. Peter activates a hint after landing at LZ Alpha, but Paul and Mary see the hint as well while flying to their own LZs across the map.

Is there a way to modify my above expression so trigger hints are only activated for the pilot who did the triggering? Thanks in advance.

If the player is named "mary7"  then the trigger can only fire if mary7 is in the trigger area.

For your trigger to fire 2 conditions must be met. 

condition1  &&  condition2

Condition1 you have stated above.

Condition 2 is     mary7 in thislist

On activation:

if (isServer) then 
{
 {
    "Landed" remoteExec ["hint",owner _x]
 } forEach thisList;
};

Not tested, but should work ;)

Edit: In the future I'd rather use a 3D trigger instead of isTouchingGround, because the latter can sometimes fail

On activation:

if (isServer) then 
{
 {
    "Landed" remoteExec ["hint",owner _x]
 } forEach thisList;
};

Not tested, but should work ;)

Edit: In the future I'd rather use a 3D trigger instead of isTouchingGround, because the latter can sometimes f

Thank you Revo. Works great so far with the limited testing Ive done. In the future (when we can adjust trigger height), would I just set the height to zero? How would my above expression change for my condition box? Cheers for the help, of course.

If I am right about how those triggers work, I'd then set the height to 0.1 or 0.2 meters and then remove the isTouchingGround. However, if your condition works for you flawlessly then there is no need to change it at all.