esfumato

Creating a compilation of Buildings from Arma 2 to Arma 3.

Hello all, I want to port some enterable buildings from arma 2 to arma 3. So I want to create a MP mission.

What files should I need to copy Paste and what files should I create.? Where should I start?

Hello all, I want to port some enterable buildings from arma 2 to arma 3. So I want to create a MP mission.

What files should I need to copy Paste and what files should I create.? Where should I start?

Well before you begin, which buildings are they? Are they made by BIS or an addon makker? If made by addon maker you should ask permission.

Well instead of porting the content yourself, you may want to look at using the CUP Terrains Mod (http://cup-arma3.org/downloads/cup-terrains/)? As this already incorporates these sort of buildings ported from Arma2 to Arma3.

I have asked CUP already and they told that theyr work is..... theyr own something like that. So I thought that as those buildings are already done and finished maybe it is a matter of a little bit of copy/pasting.

Also I don't want someone to download a 5 gigabytes of download to play my mission. And, redownload 5 gigabytes again everytime it is updated....

I have asked CUP already and they told that theyr work is..... theyr own something like that. So I thought that as those buildings are already done and finished maybe it is a matter of a little bit of copy/pasting.

Also I don't want someone to download a 5 gigabytes of download to play my mission. And, redownload 5 gigabytes again everytime it is updated....

Im some what confused about you last sentence, if some one downloaded CUP terrains it runs as a mod which would be independent of your mission file. Your mission file would link to the buildings required via its pbo. If you updated the mission file, this would only need to be downloaded again. The CUP terrain pack would not needed to be re-downloaded. 

Otherwise if you go the other direction, simply copying and pasting buildings from Arma2 to Arma3 will not work. Rvmats, config files, shadows and texture paths would all need to be updated to make the buildings work within an Arma3 environment.

• Like 1

Otherwise if you go the other direction, simply copying and pasting buildings from Arma2 to Arma3 will not work. Rvmats, config files, shadows and texture paths would all need to be updated to make the buildings work within an Arma3 environment.

Ok so How can I do that?

I know I can Place Buildings with Eden Editor Enabling some Mods. I have them installed my self.

But the actual reason I want to have my own buildings is to reduce the download size of the mission. I want to compile everything in the PBO of my mission. And if someone wants to join the server the player just have to download 1 PBO. I hope it will be of small size.

Because seriously, I hate to download Gigabytes of stuff that works awfully, and then everytime one of those Addons is updated I have to download the full thing again.

So my Idea is, If I need 7 or so buildings from arma 2. Just add those.

You can't put assets in a mission, no way

Ok so create my own addon with the new buildings I want to use, and use the addon with my mission.