Ok so i have been looking to update the old clusterbomb scripts we used in a2 that used a fired EH to track your cbu to the ground then exec'd a script that spawned say 15 downward facing rockets or a a scattering of minelets. We even had CEMs that spawned 20 a10 shells and a scattering of mixed minelets...

For the forthcoming unsung and frl. MIssilebox addons i am hoping to switch over to using the new submunition classes in config, but looking into weapons_f i see only artillery that fires a single submunition, each instance of submunitioncount or w/e it is (apols i am on tablet not pc here so cannot check code) has a value only of 1.

I tried making a cbu that uses the value 10 to spawn 10 minelets but it only fired once.

My suspicion is that bis has not implemented >1 values of submunition yet. Has anyone else played around with it? Does anyone have a working clusterbomb or clustermine or artillery shell that spawns say 5 lumes etc?

I will do more experiments and post up my working code when its all done.

I tried the same for the AT airweapons pack (Rockeye and Napalm) and discovered that submunition only works for shells (stuff inherited from BulletCore/BulletBase). Missiles and bombs don't support submunition.

I will probably add a eventlistender to all aircrafts that checks the config of the fired ammo for my own "submunition"-class and launch a script that takes care of the submunition spawning.

hrm i wonder WHAT specifically it needs to work on a bomb, because we could make the bomb into a bullet lol, or maybe petition BIS for a micro-change in base code to create what is basically a no-brainer in terms of realism.

The other issue this would possibly solve is getting the actual "kill" score connected to the player that "fired" without some additional scripting.

Sidenote: Thanks for your work Neo. Based a lot of work on a CBU-87 / CBU-103 on the AT Rockeye.