EricJ

Selecting specific vertices without the whole face selecting

I noticed that on some geometries, especially with sliding doors, that the door moves and the window moves with it. However when I use some stuff from the Merlin, some faces have all the vertices highlighted, and not the whole face. So what do I have to do so I can select the vertices without the whole face selecting?

you want to paint weight it or just select a few verts?

I want to select a few verts around the geometry like BIS did for the Merlin so when the doors slide, the window geometry slides with the actual door, and not sliding on its own, even if redefined as part of the selection.

not sure i understand correctly but:

press V (keybind) to select vertices (selecting all the verts that form a primitive subobjects (triangle, quad etc will select that particular face). You can also select faces using touch face T (keybind)

for all selection methods available go to edit > edit modes

• Like 1

Okay I'll have to try it lke that, as they managed to select all the points (around a simple square face and I've been trying to do that, as apparently that helps, thanks!

not sure i understand correctly but:

press V (keybind) to select vertices (selecting all the verts that form a primitive subobjects (triangle, quad etc will select that particular face). You can also select faces using touch face T (keybind)

for all selection methods available go to edit > edit modes

I think it's the same as the magazines on weapons, when you highlight the selection, only the vertices themselves, and not the faces. 

what? didn't get that, might wanna rephrase

I know what he means, Yeah I'm trying to select the vertices and not so much the faces, but for the mag you need to select the whole mesh (faces and vertices).

• Like 1

Not sure if you fixed this, but whenever you select a pair of vertices and they form a face together then the whole face will get selected (as PuFu said already).