Coolio56

Arsenal Loadout As Default Unit - Is This Possible?

This might not quite fall under here, but I feel most comfortable putting this here.

Basically what I want to do is to create a unit in the Virtual Arsenal and have it be saved as its own unit that I can just drag and drop when in the Eden Editor. If that isn't possible, is it possible to have it overwrite another unit's loadout as default?

Any help is appreciated.

create a unit in the Virtual Arsenal and have it be saved as its own unit that I can just drag and drop when in the Eden Editor

No.

is it possible to have it overwrite another unit's loadout as default

Yes. Plenty of unit loadout scripts out there, as well as threads related to that.

In the virtual arsenal create a soldier and save. I have quite a few saved.

Now select export. Close the arsenal and open the editor. Place a soldier on the map. In his init Ctrl+V (which means Paste).

Presto a new soldier.

I guess the most convenient way would be to do what Joe98 said for every type of soldier you want, then place them all in a specific spot on your map and use them as a kind of "library".

Meaning you can just copy/paste units from there and delete them when you no longer need em.

I guess you could even save that "library" as a seperate mission and use that as a template with the import feature.

Anyway, there are several ways to handle that. Just pick one :D

This might not quite fall under here, but I feel most comfortable putting this here.

Basically what I want to do is to create a unit in the Virtual Arsenal and have it be saved as its own unit that I can just drag and drop when in the Eden Editor. If that isn't possible, is it possible to have it overwrite another unit's loadout as default?

Any help is appreciated.

That will be possible with the upcoming composition feature for Eden.