Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

Nightvision

How can I implement night vision? I studied the config -nothing special, looks like the binocular class. I opened the textures of optika_night -nothing special, only an animation for the background noise. I tried to open the decrypted demo model -not possible (like other optikas)!

How is it done? Do I have to define something special or do I have to use some kind of special texture? Please, enlighten me! wink.gif

And, btw: Is IR-Sight possible (Men, Engines visible)?

Ok, it doesn't seem to be possible...  sad.gif

Next question, optics-related: I've taken the M21-optics-model, edited it and (config.cpp-)wired it to my weapon.

But: Now I've got an extreme parallax error (i.e.: bigger distance, bigger difference between aiming spot and hit point. I hope it's the proper term; never got sniper training, only basic infantry training)! How can I calibrate my weapon/scope?

Another question, config-related: How can I define delays between bursts? As I understand, reloadtime specifies the time between the burst's shots, but with which field do I define the burstreloadtime?

the parallax error is due to your config file I'll bet. for weapon optics, you set min and max fov, and you also set the ranges for min and max. THat's how BIS made the M21 be able to adjust impact height as you zoom the scope.

take a look at that. If your settings seem ok, then you may need to manipulate your optics model to change the orientation of your textures relative to thecenter of the model. You may also need to adjust your textures.

Thanks for answering, I'll give it a try!

Any idea regarding the delay between bursts?

Ok, thank you, Devilchaser! Got that aiming problem fixed.

What about the burst mode? Any chance to force a delay between two bursts?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (der bastler @ Oct. 24 2002,10:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And, btw: Is IR-Sight possible (Men, Engines visible)?<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, maybe in OFP2 well finally see it? smile.gif