Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

Changing Downloadable Mission's Ai Units To Ones In An Addon?

I've downloaded the 'Iraqi Syrian Conflict' along with its required addons, and I'd like to change the units of a downloadable missions that have Middle East maps to units contained in this ISC addon.  Do I have to edit all the mission scripts to do this? Or is there an easier way?  I ask this because missions like BMR are large in scale and I can only imagine it to be incredibly time consuming.

Cheer

Infil.

You could write a script which first stores all information (waypoints, behavior and so on) of all spawned units, then delete all that units and then spawn them as ur wanted type and give them their behavior from the prior stored information.

That script should run every few seconds to cover all newly spawned units.

Murklor did a script for arma 2 where u can look at to get an idea how to store all needed information:

Editor based AI script by trigger

There maybe an easier solution but thats what came in my mind.

Well, in some missions the used units are defined in a custom array so they can be replaced with the desired ones. You will often find this information in a readme file or in a comment of a script. So yes you have to go though all the stuff. But usually there are only 1-2 files to edit, if the mission is designed well.

This will probably take less skills and time to do.

Or maybe just contact the author and ask him where he stored the information of the units used.

The only reliable "hassle-free" way to replace them in all missions is by making a replacement-addon that actually overwrites the old units with the new ones.

Scripted replacements (as mentioned above) can cause all sorts of issues, depending on how the missions are set up.

Personally I would rather modify the missions directly.

Just bulk-open all mission files (including mission.sqm) in a texteditor like notepad++ and run a search/replace for the respective classnames on all opened files.

I noticed last night that the author (Jigsor) of the BMR Insurgency missions has written in a script that detects if Unit addons are detected and claims to replace them should you run the addons.  Sadly I cannot test this as I'm having issues with running addons on my dedicated server.  But still it's a great feature to have and well thought of.  Of course, credit goes to all the other scripters out there who's contributed to the BMR Insurgency missions  :)

.. Personally I would rather modify the missions directly.

Just bulk-open all mission files (including mission.sqm) in a texteditor like notepad++ and run a search/replace for the respective classnames on all opened files.

Already been done..  ;)

See this old thread of mine from Arma 3 Alpha days.

How to convert an Arma3 Alpha mission to Arma 3

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/148182-converting-alpha-missions-to-run-in-beta/

Although this utility is not written by me, it was inspired by my original post, and should still work fine today. And for that please recognise the original programmers.

All that would be needed is custom Change.txt file specific for any MOD you wished to convert to another. And of course it may not work for on ALL mods,

and you will need to extract the mission/mod .pbo files down to script level for this to even have a chace toy work.

I've been reluctant to mention this utility before, as it could be used to undermine an authors hard work making a mission/campaign by allowing anyone to convert that mission to another mod, (or standard Arma) therefore bypassing the authors wishes.

However, how the utility is used, I leave up to users discretion.

Note this utility will ONLY work with 2D created mission.sqm files. Once Arma moves to 3D editor this utility in it's current format will no longer work. It will convert .sqf though.

• Like 1

Hello, I come to you because no other answer
Here is my problem :, it is already three day that I researched in order to be able to modify the mission "BMR_Insurgency.1.44.Altis.pbo". No tutorial exists to explain its, "PBO Manager" (for compiled / recompiled) Bug of the mission
I would like to modify the vehicles present on the map to change them with the vehicles of the mod JackFrench.
I do not know what to do.
I remind you it is for mission Arma 3 "BMR Insurgency 1.44 Altis which is in PBO decompilable purpose
Thank you in advance for any help made !!!
PS: possibility of this contact on voice server (Discord / Teamspeak) (I don't speak english (thank google traduction) only french or if you speak little french )