pedeathtrian

How does scheduling work?

private = makes the variables given to it availiable to all scopes in current script/function (except for spawn I think).

params = Defines arguments to use in script/function.

• Like 1

Okay can someone better elaborate the differences between params and private?

Params is better used in a script/function that takes input values (parameters), private is better used when (austin's explanation is better). I believe that params also privatizes those variables, so you don't have to params it then private the same variables.

I have a tendancy to make ALL my scripts into functions. and Treat them like procedures using cfgFunctions.hpp ensures they're pre-compiled always at mission start.

private = makes the variables given to it availiable to all scopes in current script/function (except for spawn I think).

Not only it makes some variables available in the scope, it also masquarades variables of outer scopes with given names, making them inaccessible in current scope.

See also: Private Variables in ARMA 3 SQF.

Thank you, code34.

BIS_fnc_codePerformance  has little to do with profiling, really. Measuring -- yes, but not profiling (at least for how I understand performance profiling). You can't use it to get distribution of consumed time between different commands in some code. You can't detect a bottleneck with it.

diag_*Frame  commands are very close, but I see no indication (from biki pages or other sources) that it can profile SQF code. I also don't see whether it can be used to get info for longer period of time than rendering one frame. Will try it myself and see.