jabeitor

How to board a ship from ship

Hello, I want to make a mission where a SEAL boarding-team approach with a zodiac to a suspicious fishing ship (civilian), supposing that when the SEALs activates a trigger in the boarding point, the fishing crew joins BLUFOR to allow them board their ship. My question is, how can I order SEALs to transfer from assault zodiac to fishing ship cargo positions? I have used the GET IN command but it forces SEALs to jump to water,then swims towards fishing ship and get in, it seems to be slightly convincing. 

Is any way to transfer passenger units or groups from ship to ship when they are nearby? isn't imperative to me to see the process, I only need to change their vehicle to another.

Perhaps, one could simply exit the boat, and use the scroll wheel to enter the next?

Nailed it.

Perhaps, one could simply exit the boat, and use the scroll wheel to enter the next?

Nailed it.

I want to do it automatically for AI units only, without giving orders them and I want not them to jump to water and swim trough the target ship, isn´t realistic, I prefer that with a command line or script the SEALs units tranfers himself from one ship to other. 

https://community.bi...iki/moveInCargo

Would this help? Also make sure to check you the comments and assignAsCargo command!

I tried that with no results, the AIs remains on their mother ship doing no more action. 

I tried that with no results, the AIs remains on their mother ship doing no more action. 

whats the script syntax your using? It might be that its just not picking up the AI dudes in the cargo.

whats the script syntax your using? It might be that its just not picking up the AI dudes in the cargo.

I attach here a simple mission were I´m trying to do the boarding process from ship to ship through a radio command ( to avoid complexity of movement and more).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8igtlmel6sybsq/boarding%2520ship.Stratis.rar?dl=0

moveInCargo/Driver/Gunner/Commander will not work for a unit that is already inside of a vehicle. You will need to move them out of their current vehicle first. Using an "eject" action is usually fastest.

myUnit action ["eject",vehicle myUnit];
waitUntil {vehicle myUnit == myUnit};
myUnit moveInCargo myBoat;

moveInCargo/Driver/Gunner/Commander will not work for a unit that is already inside of a vehicle. You will need to move them out of their current vehicle first. Using an "eject" action is usually fastest.

myUnit action ["eject",vehicle myUnit];
waitUntil {vehicle myUnit == myUnit};
myUnit moveInCargo myBoat;

Thanks, that works! I assumed that there would be any way to "teleport" passengers inside a vehicle to other, but now I understand this is a limitation.

What I have done to "minimize the visual impact" of ejecting to water the units is to set the moveincargo command 0.5 s after the "eject" command, the result is that you see the unit jumping but not have time to fall to water because in 0,5s he is being "teleported" to destination ship. Thanks you!!  

You could try just teleporting them out of the vehicle with setpos: { _x setpos [random 5, random 5];} foreach units group player;

Use a safe coordinates so they don't die!

Works in singleplayer at least, but might not work in multiplayer.. Not sure but maybe worth a shot to get rid of the eject jumping. Or if you want the players no to see it you could also just "blind" them with black screen and text "boarding the ship" or something like that for a couple of seconds. 

Might also need one of these to remove the link to the vehicle if you teleport them around.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/leaveVehicle

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/unassignVehicle

On each client you could run 

object hideObject true;

before boarding and after boarding

object hideObject false;

hideObject