mason1996

How do I make Support Module have custom dialog instead of vanilla

So I have a mission and I've got 3 supports all working fine. I wanted to make them have custom side chat and maybe voice dialog for example instead of the vanilla dialog I wanted something along the lines in the side chat and voice comms

Spartan 01: Dragon 2-4, this is Spartan 01 message over.

Dragon 2-4: Spartan 01, this is Dragon 2-4 send it.

Spartan 01: Dragon 2-4, We need immediate CAS, grid coordinates "What ever the COORDs are", use 1x GBU-12 on laser how copy?

Dragon 2-4: Spartan 01 good copy, 1x GBU-12 on laser, grid coords "XXXXX" inbound ETA 15 seconds over

Spartan 01: Dragon 2-4 Good copy.

Dragon 2-4: Bombs Away. ETA 5 seconds over

Dragon 2-4: Splash, Dragon is RTB at this time

And then have it change coords on selection and dialog when selecting between, Mk82 and GBU-12 does anyone know how to make it coincide with the support modules or would I need to do a script for it? I don't have to make a voice dialog but it would just add to the immersion effect of our mission. I did try and google search and forum search for this but I couldn't find anything along the lines I wanted.

1. It is possible to make your own support script. You can get the coordinates of where player is aiming at with

_pos = screenToWorld [0.5,0.5];

This would return a 3D position array [x,y,z] in meters. You could convert that to 2D map coordinates.

If you want to support designating locations on the map, use the onMapSingleClick eventhandler.

2. It might be possible to modify the vanilla module. You can use function viewer to get the functions used by the support module and modify that.

2. It might be possible to modify the vanilla module. You can use function viewer to get the functions used by the support module and modify that.

Been searching for them a long time (to do the opposite, add the conversations to my Arty module) and nothing...

Been searching for them a long time (to do the opposite, add the conversations to my Arty module) and nothing...

Your looking for the support radio calls ?

@mason1966 Have a look at communication menu, This will do most of the functionality for you including getting the world position from the cursor as you call them.

Also look into kbTell and the rest of the kb commands paying particular attention to the example on that page and the link to jezuro's article on the forums.

Now!? that post has been there for 18 months, me thinks your search foo needs updating ;)

Your looking for the support radio calls ?

@mason1966 Have a look at communication menu, This will do most of the functionality for you including getting the world position from the cursor as you call them.

Also look into kbTell and the rest of the kb commands paying particular attention to the example on that page and the link to jezuro's article on the forums.

Cheers Larrow ill have a look into that now