Sign in to follow this  
KeyCat

Steering parachute when having a joystick enabled broken

This is not specific to the 1.56 release (btw: awesome update in many ways!) the problem was there before.

There are something weird with parachuting when you have a joystick. Only way to get the steering left/right with the keyboard working is if I disable the joystick in the menu or of course unplug it before starting A3.

Using keys for speed control (forward/back) works just fine even if joystick is enabled/plugged in.

Can anyone confirm this?

/KC

Go into Configure-->Controls> infantry Movement first then all other categories and remove joystick control selection from them, only have functions for flight. I had that issue a long while ago and the only way to correct it is to have the joystick not controlling anything related to infantry. Just for weapon selection and flight settings.

Worked yesterday for me. But check this:

Parachute get their controls from the helicopter controls. Just go to the helicopter movement tab and assign the bank left / right to the A & D keys on your keyboard and you should be good to go...

Had the same problem since I normaly clear out all bindings and only bind those keys on those devices I use them with...

Thanks for the input breech but thats how  it is. The joystick axises are only assigned in the helicopter and plane section.

/KC

Yes I get this on my PC - it's been like it for ages.  I fiddled around with the settings but in the end gave up and unplugged the joystick

Spent some time with this yesterday and found a solution that worked for me, not a logical one tho :huh:

Since it worked OK testing with a new profile something must be wrong with my current one but since it's heavily modified I didn't want to start all over again. Here is what I did...

My joystick axis was only bound to heli/plane control and my LARROW/RARROW keys bound to Cyclic Left/Cyclic Right as I remember having it before a long time ago when parachute steering worked. As I done before I tried to clear and rebind both the joystick axis and arrow keys but no go, I tried to put the arrow keys first i the list before joystick axis but same.

Then for some reason I tried to also bind the LARROW/RARROW to Left Turn/Right Turn and tried again but no go so I removed that binds again and viola parachute steering worked again :)

I have no explanation to why that fixed it but it did so if you have the same problem it's an easy thing to try and hopefully it works for you as well...

/KC