liveandletdie

Custom Map Objects Lagging Server

I have a quick question to see if anyone has a useful solution. I recently added a bunch of custom objects to a CTI mission based on Altis, using the handy GID object placement script ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21924 ), new objects include a large bridge from faronaki to vikos, a new castle near telos, numerous naval water platforms and a sub pen complete with 3 subs and everything works as intended, however when loaded into a server with lots of players the server FPS drops dramatically and i am looking to see if anyone knows of a solution or a better way to add these objects to reduce server load and increase server FPS. Any and all help would be much appreciated!

To add these additions i created a new file named initMapStructures.sqf and placed it within my mission, this file is simply a list of all the added objects as listed below:

Init_Server.sqf:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Addons\map_structures\initMapStructures.sqf";

initMapStructures.sqf - (contains many other object like the one listed below)

/*New Barracks*/
_pos = [12854.365234,9790.572266,0.0631251];
_object = createVehicle ["Land_i_Barracks_V2_F", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_object setDir 325;
_object setPosATL _pos;

/*Cargo Tower*/
_pos = [12880.53125,9810.557617,0.086236];
_object = createVehicle ["Land_Cargo_Tower_V1_F", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_object setDir 326;
_object setPosATL _pos;

Etc... many more other objects 

Ill post pictures of some of these structures soon for reference...

Any and all help would be much appreciated!!

Are we talking hundreds of objects?

You can disable simulation for each object.

FInd:

_object setPosATL _pos;

and resplace with:

_object setPosATL _pos;
_object enableSimulationGlobal false;

Are these made on mission init or dynamically on the fly.

Im not sure on the exact object count but probably in the neighborhood of 100-200 objects, they are made on mission init, specifically the server init. I have added a few images below of some of the structures for reference.

@whizter, thanks for the idea, ill try that later tonight to see if i see any improvement!

Xz8q8Qi.jpg

TkS6DsE.jpg

zfa3LsE.jpg

Pa5qZ6d.jpg

specifically the server init

If that is the case, then I assume that "Init_Server.sqf" is called in the init.sqf as such:

if (isServer) then {[] execVM "Init_Server.sqf";};

And if that isn't the case, and if I'm thinking correctly you are trying to call that script in the "initServer.sqf" as detailed here, and if that is the case, simply rename your "Init_Server.sqf" to "initServer.sqf", no "_" and see if that makes any difference. 100-200 objects shouldn't cause too much of an issue, disabling simulation would aid in improving performance as recommend by whiztler, however, make note of objects that you intend to be destroyed, or at least have the capability of such, cause once simulation is disabled they will not interact with anything, thus becoming relatively indestructible.

@jshock, Yea that is exactly how the init is being called....right now like i said it works perfectly but it seems that the longer the mission time goes and the more players that join the lower the FPS gets. This mainly affects the server when the objects are loaded in, when they are not loaded the server fps does just fine. Ill go ahead and try the simulation disabled and see how she performs, if you or anyone else has any further ideas i would love to know any other suggestions. Thanks for the help so far!!!