well, thats a workaround.

but i don't understand, why the skins can't be selected via virtuell garage. maybe pookie uploaded the wrong version on steam?!

edit: just checked it out. with the versions from onedrive, it doesn't work, either. neither the standart, nor the cup version.

I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for.  The faction-specific skins work fine in the editor.  The virtual garage "Try" loads a new skin when a new skin is selected.   The extra skins are available via the INIT command (that you quoted)...  e.g.

11 hours ago, madpat3 said:

[this, ["pook_EF2K_GER",1]] call BIS_fnc_initVehicle;

That loads up the german luftwaffe skin in the editor.

What else is there?  If there is still a problem you'll have to give me step-by-step instructions to reproduce it.  Otherwise I'm not seeing any problems w/ the skins.  This is the New Way that BIS has created to replace "this setObjectTexture BLAH".

what phantom and i try to tell you is that the skins could be changed via virtuell garage.

step by step:

place one of your planes on map. right-click on it and open "Edit Vehicle Appearance".

then click on the tab "Camoflage" and on one of the checkboxes. the color of the plane will change. click "OK". everything is allright by now, except for the colour don't change in the editor, either.

but when you run the mission, the plane still displays the default texture, not the one you selected in the "Edit Vehicle Appearance" (that's what we mean by "virtuell garage").

I see.  Thanks for the detailed explanation!  I haven't tried using that and will look into it.

Progress!  I have made some changes discovered that I can only alter SOME of the skins via the right-click "edit vehicle appearance" selection:

Blue Camo
Desert Camo TAK
Forest Camo CDF
CDF
INS
NATO (UNO)
RAF
TAK
German luftwaffe blue-grey

These skins that can be selected this way belong to a faction - e.g. select the "forest camo" which is the same as the CDF camo, and you get the CDF camo WITH the roundels.  There seems to be a direct correlation between the Vehicle Customization and whether a skin is used by a faction.

The "fix" I think is going to be to assign a variety of textures to the factions so that they are available in this fashion.  Or make a bunch of "dummy" faction selections which is simply not a good idea.  Doubt I will get this completely working until someone smarter than me explains this behavior.

Regardless, I have also been tweaking a few items as well and intend to release an update in a few more hours:

- New: 'Bitching Betty' altitude threshold can now be adjusted or disabled
 - New: Added AI support for "CAS Bombing" role
 - New: Added AI ejection logic
 - New: Default data link state is now Enabled
 - New: Animated joystick trigger
 - New: Added tail flash for some factions
 - New: Nogovan roundel/flash in standard and subdued colors
 - Improved: IRIS-T presence on more loadouts
 - Improved: Roundel sizes on some factions
 - Improved: Zeus compatibility
 - Fix: Faction-based skins now work for Virtual Garage skin selector. Remaining skins require Vehicle Customization INIT to use in-mission.
 - Fix: Minor cockpit texture issues
 - Fix: Cockpit fuel knob wasn't turning on siphon/drop tank actions
 - Fix: Jamming script not working on some missiles

New update complete on both my Onedrive (see first post) and Steam.

• Like 2

I just discovered that if I change the texture selections in the config to a non-null value, the skin is now selectable within the editor via the "Edit Vehicle Appearance" selection.  Go figure.

I changed this:

class pook_EF2K_JUNGLE5 {
				author = "HCPOOKIE";
				DisplayName = "Jungle Camo (5)";
				textures[] = {"\pook_EF2000\skins\top_JUNGLE5.paa","",""};
				factions[] = {};
			};

to this:

class pook_EF2K_JUNGLE5 {
				author = "HCPOOKIE";
				DisplayName = "Jungle Camo (5)";
				textures[] = {"\pook_EF2000\skins\top_JUNGLE5.paa","A3\data_f\clear_empty.paa","A3\data_f\clear_empty.paa"};
				factions[] = {};
			};

And now I can select it and it remains selected in the editor's Vehicle Customization.  It would seem that the code/script/whatever that provides you that mini-virtual garage interface doesn't like null values in the texture array.

I'm going to test this more but expect to see an update shortly for this. 

• Like 2

Update is uploaded to OneDrive and Steam

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hcpookie said:

It would seem that the code/script/whatever that provides you that mini-virtual garage interface doesn't like null values in the texture array. 

Arma is such a bitch!

• Like 1

But i have to say, the flag on the tail for the german luftwaffe is too big.

in reallity, there is just a small flag above the marking for the division (geschwader).

click

here some bugs:

-Brimstone are too weak. needs 5 to 6 to destroy a t-100 varsuk.

-Brimstone (not the DM) can't LOAL. or am i doin it wrong?

-pilot's camera can lock, but can't follow targets automaticly. infantry neither, nor.(don't know if it's a bug, or intendet.

-Radar and HUD detect targets only at a range below 3km (to find air targets completely useless).

-When air target is detected by radar, it extents its range. so it stays displayed, on even longer ranges, but is unreliable. then and when it vanishes from the radar.

-for targets (air/ground) to lock on, you need to be right on it with the middle marker of the HUD, (not just having it inside the big circle).

I have just noticed that when an AI pilot is flying it can't seem to use air-to-ground missiles like the brimstone and storm shadow/SCALP-EG it will always use the BK-27 cannon instead anyone else having this problem?

that was the case for vanilla air vehicles, too. before they recently fixed it. maybe you have to adept to their changes?!

"Tweaked: AI helicopter gunners are now more prone to use DAGRs and Scalpels (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128103)"

clickMe

that's the 4th entry after:

CHANGELOG

DATA:

Great mod as usual, sir.  

I run into an issue with using the EF on a carrier (I know its probably not meant for it).  Why would the EF start to move once you enter it? Also, once it has stopped (on the carrier deck), it seems that I cannot exit the cockpit.  Am I missing something obvious here?  

Thanks in advance.  Again, great mod!

@hcpookie

you could also make your plane compatible with lesh's towing mod.

with this,  the plane can be towed by a towing tractor to move it around (e.g. parking it in a hanger).

simply put these four lines into your config.cpp right after line 2248:

LESH_canBeTowed = 1;
LESH_towFromFront = 1;
LESH_AxisOffsetTarget[] = {0,8,-1.4};
LESH_WheelOffset[] = {0,-2};

(no mod dependency ;)

On 5/28/2018 at 1:45 PM, madpat3 said:

"Tweaked: AI helicopter gunners are now more prone to use DAGRs and Scalpels (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128103)"

clickMe

that's the 4th entry after:

CHANGELOG

DATA:

It doesn't say what they changed :(

However it appears from here that it needs "autofire = true"... will have to try that out

8 hours ago, BobBrownB21 said:

Great mod as usual, sir.  

I run into an issue with using the EF on a carrier (I know its probably not meant for it).  Why would the EF start to move once you enter it? Also, once it has stopped (on the carrier deck), it seems that I cannot exit the cockpit.  Am I missing something obvious here?  

Thanks in advance.  Again, great mod!

No idea really.  I'm sure it needs something but I haven't looked at carrier ops at all.

5 hours ago, madpat3 said:

@hcpookie

you could also make your plane compatible with lesh's towing mod.

Done :)

Uploaded this update to both Onedrive and Steam

• Like 1

but some bugs remain. hope you'll find the time drive to solve them some day.

On 27.5.2018 at 9:24 AM, madpat3 said:

-Brimstone are too weak. needs 5 to 6 to destroy a t-100 varsuk. (this' really annoying)

-Brimstone (not the DM) can't LOAL. or am i doin it wrong? (i was doin it wrong ;)

-pilot's camera can lock, but can't follow targets automaticly. infantry neither, nor.(don't know if it's a bug, or intendet.

-Radar and HUD detect targets only at a range below 3km (to find air targets completely useless). (this' also really annoying)

-When air target is detected by radar, it extents its range. so it stays displayed, on even longer ranges, but is unreliable. then and when it vanishes from the radar.

-for targets (air/ground) to lock on, you need to be right on it with the middle marker of the HUD, (not just having it inside the big circle).

-Radar and HUD detect targets only at a range below 3km (to find air targets completely useless). (this' also really annoying)

I think it's bohemias fault, for i tested it without any mods and it shows similar behaviours.

give it a try by yourself. i used the black wasp II

another thing is during night. when you turn on the lights, the whole cockpit is reflecting it, so you can bearly see outside.

pylon loadout has only 3X brimstone dm. unlike normal brimstone (3x AND 2x).

actually there is also 2x brimstone dm, but in the pylon setting dropdown menu it's indicated as 3x. there are two called "Brimstone-DM-AGM x3". the second one should be called "Brimstone-DM-AGM x2".

Edited by madpat3

On 30.5.2018 at 12:44 PM, madpat3 said:

but some bugs remain. hope you'll find the time drive to solve them some day.

-Brimstone are too weak. needs 5 to 6 to destroy a t-100 varsuk. (this' really annoying)

agm 88 is too weak, also. takes 2 to destroy a tigris.

when brimstone 3x and agm 88 are loaded and a tigris is placed on map, the pilot fires no missile. neither brimstone, nor harm.

Edited by madpat3